Oil to fuel ratio.Whats correct?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTB.... this u-tube video does'nt show 200ml going in to 5 litres...as your chart shows?

25/1 is 125ml to 5 litres...25mls yo every litre....

No, 25/1 means 200 ml /5 litres of fuel = 4%

1/40 means 125ml /5 litres = 2,5%

25/1 = 4% is what Zenoah recommends in their instruction manuals. I have used this for over one year (over 40 litres of fuel) and the engine is still going great.

After reading some of the posts I'm hoping some don't think 30:1 is more oil then 25:1?
In my own testing, just by eye and ear, I could not see any performance gains switching from 25:1 to 30:1. I did find you needed to change the needles a bit. I wonder if that is because it leans it a bit going with a lower oil ratio?
I have run 25:1 forever with a 100:1 synthetic oil made by Amsoil. After tear down my top ends have been clean and jug shows no sign of wear. I have only gone through one plug in 4 years due to breaking it on a roll over.
Some boat guys did a test years back on oil ratios and got more out of there motor the more oil they used. NOt exactly the same usage as our motors but shows it just the same.

Interesting facts on oil (oldie but goody)

2 stroke ratio chart

2 stroke ratio calculator

The difference in a chain saw would be the RPM's not so much the stress.

Best one to use is the third link - Calculator

So ive been running 40/1 in winter and 50/1 in summer....wow....had no problams in three years of running oddie engines in my onroads...

Yes, the shown ratio 125ml / 5 litres och gasoline in the video is wrong. Maybe someone ought to tell FG this. Could be truoblesome for beginners if they mix according to the video.

See it like this Super 654:

25/1 means that you should have 25 times more gasoline than oil in the mixture. So if you have 5000ml of gas you should have 200 ml oil into that, 200ml *25 =5000ml. Hence 25/1 = 200 ml /5 litres = 4%.

Last edited:
Now i understand waqr...thing is i raced onroads ror 3 years and this is how everyone mixed it, i raced all over uk and had no probs at all, my engines never got chocked up with oil, but i always ran filly synth...i will still mix this way, but now i know that i run at 40/1..

Now i understand waqr...thing is i raced onroads ror 3 years and this is how everyone mixed it, i raced all over uk and had no probs at all, my engines never got chocked up with oil, but i always ran filly synth...i will still mix this way, but now i know that i run at 40/1..

No problem :) I think that many onroaders drive, as you say, on a
2,5-3,125% (1/40 -1/30) oil mixture. I think it is because the onroad cars usually drives faster and get more cooling from the wind which means that they don`t need the extra cooling that a 4% oil mixture gives you. What do you think?

May be right there mate....i will get a vid up shortley and show how nice mine runs...on a 40/1 mix...may add a bit more oil as we hit the summer 30/1

As well as airflow, Im thinking the maybe motor doesn't get as hot as it uses less effort,it's not turning bigger, heavy tires and the overall weight is much less, also off road engines work harder with idle to instant WOT out of corners the norm whereas onroad is much smoother...just a thought

I've started something here:clown: something so simple and yet even the hardened of 1/5 th scalers got confused.I've seen the replies and there are many mixed veiws on this subject. I myself will carry on useing the 25ml to 1 litre ratio as have never had a problem.
Oh, by the way folks a US gallon is NOT the same as a UK/European !!!
US=1.2 gallons to our 1 gallon.
J.

Hey voo2doo, i use same ratio as you 25ml to 1 litre or as i now know as 40/1....I used to run 20ml to 1 litre in my onroad and that is 50/1.....

look i want to settle this for once and for all,why don't we all go with manufactures specifactions..........

i use rock oil,castor oil,it specifies to use a mixture of 150mill to 5 liters of fuel,and modelsport also reccomended me to use this ratio,so i sugest you just go with wht your oil bottle tells you to lol

i also use the top STILL oil for high rpm saws and this says on the bottle to use 100mill to 5 liters of fuel,so i just reckon go with what each brand of oil suggests,some oil is thicker than others...........

thats my way and i havnt went astray yet lol

A manufactures specification is only meant as a guide, but its testing out the different mixes that help you get the best from your engine. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks