Oil to fuel ratio.Whats correct?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve,

Firstly, WELCOME to LSF.
Second, not knowing how much fuel is used / is left, it would be easier to dispose of the incorrect mix - take care how you do so. Could use it for cleaning possibly.
Third - mix a new batch as indicated in the thread - Pipeous and Dwarfy have explained well.

Al.

thanks for your reply

don't think I used hardly any like I say was just idling for a total of 30 min

main thing I concerned if it would have done any damage in that time to the new engine

but I will be removing the fuel that's in it

Hi Steve,

Firstly, WELCOME to LSF.
Second, not knowing how much fuel is used / is left, it would be easier to dispose of the incorrect mix - take care how you do so. Could use it for cleaning possibly.
Third - mix a new batch as indicated in the thread - Pipeous and Dwarfy have explained well.

Al.

And fourthly,you don't have to heat cycle a two stroke.
J

And fourthly,you don't have to heat cycle a two stroke.
J

saw that in another forum as well but in others it said to heat cycle

think when I next take it out I will just drive it slowly for first few tanks do you think that be ok ?

sorry for all questions this is first 2 stroke iv had generaly I run nitro and battery cars

lots to learn :)

Yes, thats fine. But I have run largescale for about 12 years and have never cycled an engine yet but I suppose its personal preference. Good luck and keep the questions coming.
J

It may be a case that the 'off the shelf' proprietary motors don't require more than a little 'tender treatment', but what's been coming out of similar threads is that the tuned motors do require a little gentle handling when new.

Voo's always insisted on how he replied and we've seen loads of his videos over the last few years - no problems encountered so he can't be that wrong!

Just through my nature, a bit over-meticulous at times, I would go a bit easy, not using more than half throttle on the first tank, and NO CONSTANT REVS either, then rag it like you stole it!!

Al.

thanks all for information and advise much appreciated

sadly cant run buggy at min as noticed today while fitting new kill switch that the fan bolt has not been fitted :( good job I only had it idling and not running for first go with it

contacted rcmodelz for missing part quality control not so good from supplier it seems :( bit I don't understand though is it has had one fitted because marks are there but for some reason removed apparently by suppler not by reseller

not a good start at all to my introduction to 1/5 :(

thanks all for information and advise much appreciated

sadly cant run buggy at min as noticed today while fitting new kill switch that the fan bolt has not been fitted :( good job I only had it idling and not running for first go with it

contacted rcmodelz for missing part quality control not so good from supplier it seems :( bit I don't understand though is it has had one fitted because marks are there but for some reason removed apparently by suppler not by reseller

not a good start at all to my introduction to 1/5 :(

Every now and again KM leave things loose or illy fitted. I think this is not too bad considering the cost of these great cars .its a case of tou get what you pay for.you are not the only one and wont be the last.
I normally check a new car over to make sure everything is where is should be but thats me. If tou jave trouble getting a bolt drop me a pm and I may have one here.
J

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks