Otterpool Clan Meet Flintshire Clan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It KM's Hand set does have a built-in fail safe on the 2.4. it must have interfered with the Kill Switch or the other way round.

I noticed today Pab your not on a 2.4, You need to get yourself one bud as there might be a fair bit of interference on the estate in deeside.

yea mate know wot yea mean , but the list of things i need just grows,need a servo, could do with a clutch oh and a new piston and ring, me shocks have seen better days and been rebuilt a few times, etc, etc, cheaper just getting a new one:clown::clown:

i must have been lucky with my switch, pluged it in and never looked back and never had a problem even when it went out of reach at otterspool, it just killed buy itself without any help from me!

Me too mate. Mine has just worked perfect from day one, and its from JackRC too. This is what makes me think it is some kind of compatibility issue with Voo's radio

Me too mate. Mine has just worked perfect from day one, and its from JackRC too. This is what makes me think it is some kind of compatibility issue with Voo's radio

yeah maybe mate but renbar has the same radio as me but his wont kill the engine by turnin the radio off like mine does??????????????????

The 1 that comes with the KM is a 3 channel, but when Voo fitted his Kill Switch it would only work when he turned the 3rd channel button on the hand set off, it wouldn't stop the engine if he just turned the whole hand set off, only killed the motor when he used the 3rd channel button (strange), thought they worked if you lost either Signal/Battery Power or when the Hand-set was turned off.

The 1 that comes with the KM is a 3 channel, but when Voo fitted his Kill Switch it would only work when he turned the 3rd channel button on the hand set off, it wouldn't stop the engine if he just turned the whole hand set off, only killed the motor when he used the 3rd channel button (strange), thought they worked if you lost either Signal/Battery Power or when the Hand-set was turned off.

yeah ian thats how mine works thats why i'm confused :no:

Has Voo contacted JackRC & explained the situation? At the very least he should bollock his supplier and sort his stock to stop it happening to someone else. Obviously if he rides a horse and has spurs on his boots he wont give a fook :2guns:

Has Voo contacted JackRC & explained the situation? At the very least he should bollock his supplier and sort his stock to stop it happening to someone else. Obviously if he rides a horse and has spurs on his boots he wont give a fook :2guns:

I don't think he is a cowboy mate. I had a lot of contact with him before I bought mine regarding how it would work with various radio systems, and I found him to be very helpful.
He also told me that before each kill switch is sent out , he gives it a full test to make sure it is working properly.
I'm not saying that a duff switch is impossible, just that all my experience with him has been good.

I don't think he is a cowboy mate. I had a lot of contact with him before I bought mine regarding how it would work with various radio systems, and I found him to be very helpful.
He also told me that before each kill switch is sent out , he gives it a full test to make sure it is working properly.
I'm not saying that a duff switch is impossible, just that all my experience with him has been good.

Renbar's doesn't work either & he has same set as Ben. Maybe a bad batch??

Renbar's doesn't work either & he has same set as Ben. Maybe a bad batch??

That is very strange. You may be right, maybe a dodgy batch.
I would have thought that they would either work , or not work. Thay are fairly simple devices. Cant understand how they can work with the 3rd channel switch but not when the Tx is switched off???:blink:
Any electronics experts out there????? Any ideas ???????

looks like a top day had by all ;) sorry to hear about the km james and the steerin servo paul :( wish i could have been there

found out what was wrong with my car guys :2guns::2guns: some twats have been messin with my wheels as all the wheel bolts where loose :2guns::2guns: i know they where all ok cause i checked the brakes not long back and torqued the wheels up the little bastards i drive round with my baby girl in the car :2guns::2guns:

well guna get the bits i need for my pull start this week so if you're all goin out next sunday then i'll be there :cool2::cool2:

Thats one bad thing to do! What the fiddlestick is going through these tossers minds???:2guns::2guns::2guns:
J.

Straightened the chassis out as much as I could but there is still a slight twist there (about 1mm) but it will have to do for the time being until I get the new one.
J.

And I've just found a split in it too!Hmmmmm................

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks