Pew Pew's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive shot a few 50 BMGs at my gun club. You know what the best thing is about shooting a .50 cal ? Shooting it, dislocating your shoulder, a big painfull grin on your face, then immediately giving it back to its owner !?

Ive shot a few 50 BMGs at my gun club. You know what the best thing is about shooting a .50 cal ? Shooting it, dislocating your shoulder, a big painfull grin on your face, then immediately giving it back to its owner !?
The recoil system built into the barrett's is very impressive. You could conceivably shoot one all day, if you can afford to feed it. The bolt and single shots transfer most of the recoil energy right back to you, even with a big brake they still kick you around. Is something to shoot if you've never experienced it for sure. Bruised shoulder or not ??

The recoil system built into the barrett's is very impressive. You could conceivably shoot one all day, if you can afford to feed it. The bolt and single shots transfer most of the recoil energy right back to you, even with a big brake they still kick you around. Is something to shoot if you've never experienced it for sure. Bruised shoulder or not ??
Mcmillan 50's have a 50 pound front rest weight they stick on some of their bench rest 50's beside the massive barrel on them.

About to refi the house, so tempted to take some equity (10k) and get me a big pew... lol

I know doing that would open pandoras box with the wife... lol
*sigh*

About to refi the house, so tempted to take some equity (10k) and get me a big pew... lol

I know doing that would open pandoras box with the wife... lol
*sigh*
The .50 my cousin bought was a bit more then 16k for the rifle. Didnt even come with a scope ?. don't know what he spent on that. Theres single shots and bolts that go for reasonable amounts of $. I truly cant think of a need for one, out side of another civil war, so I have my fun with my cousins. When hes feeling generous.

The .50 my cousin bought was a bit more then 16k for the rifle. Didnt even come with a scope ?. don't know what he spent on that. Theres single shots and bolts that go for reasonable amounts of $. I truly cant think of a need for one, out side of another civil war, so I have my fun with my cousins. When hes feeling generous.
Agreed. I went through a short stint where I had a pocketfull of cash and was thinking .50 BMG or 338 Lapua . But after the mega-big bore erection started to go soft and I started thinking logically , the problems for me were "where do I shoot this thing ?" and "how expensive is it to shoot" . My gun club does allow members to shoot .50 BMG's but you need to submit a permission request and appear in front of the BOD first. Then after I did the math on reloading it was going to cost me about $3 / round even to handload (and you need to buy a specialty reloading press to load .50 ) . These calibers are really tailored towards 1000+ yds so shooting a .50 at typical distances <200 yds is just a waste of time and money.

For me, one 50 i was looking at was about 8500, but then i still need atleast one spare mag, and then a decent scope for it.
Just getting it setup i was looking at about 10k
And then i need to feed it.

Plenty of places to shoot it, we even have a few indoor ranges that allow 50 bmg.

I also own property that borders public land... gtg there as well.

Still on my do want list.
However home improvements rank higher.

I doubt it will ever be an itch i scratch.
Or I'll fold and pick up a single shot...

It has been awhile. But there used to be a company I think was in Florida that made single shot 50 cal uppers and you would just use your AR lower on it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks