Pew Pew's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This crap sucks.
I just got land when the whole rona bs started.
Been working to set it up as my private little range.
Using Hickok45's compound as a template.

Then this crap started.

Got the new rc partly to give me entertainment while up there... lol

Just picked up 1k 7.62x39 for $200.00 wtf?? Used to get that for around $100.00 if that. Wolf gold hp. Guess if it keeps me shooting who cares. If the guy has anymore for sale in calibers I need (at a reasonable price, I happen to know his boy and what he paid for it all back before 08) I'll likely grab it up. Hate not being able to shoot like I used to.
Holy crap bro, that's a STEAL ! Nice find ! Please send me the link if there's more to be sold !!

Got reloading components ?

View attachment 69397

View attachment 69398

View attachment 69399

View attachment 69400

Last inventory check I think i'm up to about 96,000 rounds worth of components, these are older pics. Screw stupid political gun panics. I'm completely independent !

And I do have some loaded factory ammo as well :

View attachment 69402
My stash is considerably smaller. Lol. After 08 I stocked up on some stuff but didnt go full tilt. Even if I wanted to I don't really have the space. It very impressive polar.

I just started getting into reloading, got a basic setup i bought from an estate sale.
Bought the old mans entire setup.

I have been keeping all of my brass and storing it for when i finally got it fully up and running.

Waiting longer i suppose...

I do have a decent stock, but i wish i bought more while i could.
Ammo was finally starting to drop down to where it should be price wise...

Looking back, i used to never keep any ammo on hand.
I could just buy what i wanted to pew that day.

After ob that all changed and i started keeping a stock.

I also spread out what calibers i own, prior to that they were consolidated...

I was also planning on buying my german luger in 30 cal luger, just so i could have one more option.
But once i was ready to buy, no 30 cal luger anywhere to be found.
So 9mm luger model it was.

From a collectors standpoint, it's a better value/investment anyways...

Last edited:
Guys it's all about small bi-weekly purchases as you can afford. This is plain and simple how you create inventory. Shoot one buy two. The key is disciplined buying consistency. I spent all I could afford during 2017-2018 when we were in very calm political times. My local gun shops were overflowing with guns and ammo and prices were dirt cheap respectively to what they are now. I learned a very painful lesson back in 2013 post "Sandy Hook" incident and I had to pay friggin $75 for a 500 ct brick of crappy Remington Thunderterd .22LR ammo from the scumbag Lucky Gunner online just so me and my son could shoot our brand new Ruger MKIII .22 handgun. Never again was I going to be hamstrung by stupid political gun panics. Jump to present day, i'm deeply vested into handloading , and bullet casting as I also have about 900# of raw lead. Shooting guns is just a fun hobby for me and looking forward 10 years out to enjoying shooting in my retirement.

I got out of the shooting part of the hobby for a few years while i built up my vette.
I still bought ammo and pews that interested me during that time.

Right rona hit and i bought my 500 s&w, i went down to pick up some 32 acp for an antique i just picked up, and to get some fiddy cal for the revolver.
While they had that stuff in stock, i saw the rush starting up in full swing...

I spent a few k on bulk before prices shot up when i went home.
Also went through my stock and took inventory... lol

I'm ok, but i am a volume pew'er...
Don't know if i can deal with 4 years of this crap again... ?

I got out of the shooting part of the hobby for a few years while i built up my vette.
I still bought ammo and pews that interested me during that time.

Right rona hit and i bought my 500 s&w, i went down to pick up some 32 acp for an antique i just picked up, and to get some fiddy cal for the revolver.
While they had that stuff in stock, i saw the rush starting up in full swing...

I spent a few k on bulk before prices shot up when i went home.
Also went through my stock and took inventory... lol

I'm ok, but i am a volume pew'er...
Don't know if i can deal with 4 years of this crap again... ?
Yeah 500 rounds a day was normal for a range trip. Sucks.

Yeah 500 rounds a day was normal for a range trip. Sucks.
In my situation, having 28 different guns is my "saving grace" as far as shooting high volumes of ammo. When I hit my gun club for some lead therapy i'll pack up 3 or 4 guns and only shoot like 40 rounds each. Some I only shoot 15 rounds and i'm happy. (like my 460 mag which packs a vicious wallop on your arms !!). My wife enjoys handgun , so when we both go this trip gets expensive and we can plow through 200 rounds but we always make each shot count and try to get more proficient at our skills , it's not like we do couch commando mag dumps just blasting and wasting expensive ammo.

In my situation, having 28 different guns is my "saving grace" as far as shooting high volumes of ammo. When I hit my gun club for some lead therapy i'll pack up 3 or 4 guns and only shoot like 40 rounds each. Some I only shoot 15 rounds and i'm happy. (like my 460 mag which packs a vicious wallop on your arms !!). My wife enjoys handgun , so when we both go this trip gets expensive and we can plow through 200 rounds but we always make each shot count and try to get more proficient at our skills , it's not like we do couch commando mag dumps just blasting and wasting expensive ammo.
I was getting into 3 gun, before I had my daughter, and shoot skeet and sporting Clay's quite often, shooting being a perishable skill I shot a lot to keep proficient. Now when I go out its skill drills 30 rounds, 10 rounds moving with the hand gun, then normally 60 rounds with the rifle. Stationary for the first mag, then moving drills. It's not hard to go through ammo doing stuff like that, or practicing shooting from awkward positions, until they become comfortable. Long range marksman ship I've always been pretty good at so don't typically waste too much time on it. I will say I'm not nearly as good as I was, but once this bs is over and the kids are a bit older I hope to get back into the swing of things.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks