Picked up a roller, questions about engine fitment and identifying chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

Picked up a roller chassis for a decent price. I wasn't really too interested in a 5ive since I had a DBXL, but it's a nice addition now that I have one. Thing is huge and seems to be nicer quality than the DBXL. I hate to say it, but it just feels and looks more Losi. I've owned so many Losi products in the past and it just feels right.

Anybody know what chassis this is? I don't see anything online that's a blue aftermarket chassis. Seems to be pretty good quality anyways. Are the stock servos any good or should I throw some D845 on it soon?

I also have a 23cc CY motor from a stock DBXL laying around. Will it have decent power to get started if I put a 29cc head kit on it? I tried to line up the CY motor with the chassis holes and the engine seems longer. Is the clutch housing different for the 5ive's? If so, what do I need to get to make it work? I'm assuming there's no engine mount, the motor just bolts directly to the chassis correct? I have the correct clutch bell, just the housing seems too large.

The previous owner seems to really like Integy :oops:. The arms, chassis braces, hubs, center diff mount, fuel cap are all integy. I might change out the hubs and arms in the future, I'm not a fan of their Swiss cheese aluminum. One of the steering hubs were bent and I kid you not, I was able to bend it back with my finger without using any pliers or a vice. Might as well stick with plastic.

thanks!

Attachments

• lo1.jpg
    lo1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 18
  • lo2.jpg
    lo2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 17
  • lo3.jpg
    lo3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 17
  • lo4.jpg
    lo4.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I've never seen a blue chassis before unless someone really went out of their way to get it anodized......i know v1 5t has cy and zen and cy had 2 different mounting differences and thats all i know. Losi has a "shallow" or short clutch housing and the clutch carrier is where the other motor mount bolts are at. With the v1 it should be a fully enclosed clutch housing meankng it should have 4 sides aside from vent holes. 5t 2.0 was open on one side closest to the brakes due to the relocation of the center diff

Oyea and more pics to see what your talking about

Last edited:
Yes , the 5ive ts use a different clutch housing , it's shorter than the other ones. The chassis is probably just powder coated or Anodized, never seen a blue one before ?
It will probably be okay with a 29cc, it's all different from person to person, what they consider fast and what not.
Guessing it's MTXL from looks of it. And, I wouldn't be too alarmed about the chassis. It's actually "cheap" if you know anyone in the manufacturing industries. They typically have accounts for finishes
It's a Losi 5ive t

I found out the chassis is a really old Team Hoonage. I can barely find any info on it. There's some brief mentions of people who have it in their builds, but 0 product information online.

Anyways, regarding the clutch housing. DDM carries the Zenoah shortened version for the 5ive 1.0, but it says it fits Zenoah engines only. They don't seem to have anything for CY. Any idea where I would get this?

thanks,

That'll help you change your mind...baja boy!!
Nope
@Z.hb71 atleast losi is pumping out rigs....hpi doesn't even know who they areView attachment 66162
FYI, hpi is starting to distribute parts. Go to hobby recreational products (think that's what it's called) and they are carrying some parts, ect. Some Baja stuff, others for other hpi rigs. So they are coming back slowly. Sorry for the derail ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks