Pink panther baja build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
must say when i first saw you were gonna do this build i wernt quite sure what to expect or how ya were gonna pull it off,
but yep, its spot on , looks proper nice (y)(y)(y)(y)(y):love:
I think once I got the wrap first, things really fell into place on this build. Then the next toughest thing was wheel selection. And whether I can pull of the pink and make the car still look masculine.

I just grabbed the stock hpi sway bar set and attempted dry fitting it. Are your links rubbing against your axles too? I see you don't have the links connected in your pics.
Your absolutely right mine are rubbing also and I don't see any way of not getting it to rub unless I connect it from outside of arm
I don't have it snapped in the whole yet but clearly rubbing 20220605_212547.jpg

Ok I've stripped down my rig and completely reassembled everything today. The links will work..they need to be twisted not inline if that makes sense..it shows on the hpi install sheet in the pkg
There is minimal clearance, but did decide to run the kit. This is mine totally installed and locked in. Hard to get a decent pic

Attachments

• 20220605_213603.jpg
    20220605_213603.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220605_213628.jpg
    20220605_213628.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Ok I've stripped down my rig and completely reassembled everything today. The links will work..they need to be twisted not inline if that makes sense..it shows on the hpi install sheet in the pkg
There is minimal clearance, but did decide to run the kit. This is mine totally installed and locked in. Hard to get a decent pic
I understand what you mean by twisted my black peice looks longer than yours

Long links up front shorties out back. I have my limit straps and camber adjusted to where there's zero dogbone/cup bind too. Rolls smoother than my Outlaw. Just a little squat but plenty of travel

Attachments

• 20220605_215509.jpg
    20220605_215509.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 6
Long links up front shorties out back. I have my limit straps and camber adjusted to where there's zero dogbone/cup bind too. Rolls smoother than my Outlaw. Just a little squat but plenty of travel
So your rear links are shorter all my links are the same size. I must have made a mistake on my purchase
Just checked my other baja and the links are different just like yours lol

This is the stock hpi set because I wanted the 3 different sway rod sizes. I was eventually gonna get the rovan alloy links and the jofer alloy mounts, but I'll give the plastic pieces a chance. I really only plan on wheelies with this car too being Im running a locker, just hoping it helps launch the car straighter with out needing to preload the right spring more

I need to finish this build 😫 when you want the 40gt but your pocket is telling you get the 35. I already have 990 carb and 20/54 gears but I also already have a big bore pipe. Wich I would need to sell if I go with the 35 and if I go 40 then I will need to sell the gears. Plus I still need to get the 40 black anodized. Well time will tell its a decent price difference between the 2 if both Come with a fs clutch

Screenshot_20221018-070403_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20221018-070232_Chrome.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks