Pink panther baja build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heavy and you have to grind them to fit irc or alx cups 🤷‍♂️😭
And the rear upper arm is such a poop design 🤦‍♂️ basically a turnbuckle🙄
I did have some reservations on the upper rear arm. I would assume it would require spacers to keep it in place or it may migrate causing a bind. Just like other parts, they may not always fit properly.

I did look at the FLM arms. Interesting and less expensive. I will break what I have on the vehicle first before change.

I do have an issue with the Red Arrow front steering knuckles. I bought a set and found I could not use them. Did not work with the ball joints on my front control arms due to oversized ball joint assembly. Also, where would one find the spacers as they are not supplied with any. I will probably have to make my one if I can get some time on a lathe at work assuming it is not tied up for projects. Wish I had my own end mill and lathe to work with at home. A multi-axis CNC machine would be nice too. A bit too deep for my pockets.

Mix and match of parts does tend to have some challenges. Next time I will go with an outlaw build and buy a semi roller chassis to start with.

Also found my answer to my question on dog bone shaft length for the extended arms. The term extended does not mean much as I have found some that are 1/2 inch longer, 1 inch longer with the same description as extended. Not all indicate the length but will come with dog bones if you by the complete set. Perhaps I am spoiled when it comes to parts as I am used to more information such as actual dimensions and not just "it is longer than stock". I am an engineer, so I tend to desire more details than what is provided.

I must say having both even though a haven't ran the red arrow arms yet I prefer the beefines of the red arrow front arms and lower rear arms over flm definitely solid design. The rear upper arm setup is questionable I was definitely thrown of by the design of the rear upper arm
View attachment 80307View attachment 80308
Post a pic of the rear upper arms will ya👍🏻
The rear upper arms are giant. You'll bend the hingepin before the arm itself guaranteed
Yes it is beefy 👌🏻 but with no spacers on the hinge pin it looks rushed/unfinished 🙄 even all the pics posted before release there where no pics on the rear upper.......and for good reason......🤦‍♂️😆

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks