Preferred Lipo for electric vehicles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use 6S softcase batteries in my Tamco, a couple of them are massive 10000mah units from UAV's that I was given with the car. I've since made my own battery tray that is flat base and uses 3 velcro (hook and loop) straps, 1 length ways and 2 across the battery. I've rolled, end over end and cartwheeled the hell out of it, landed flat from 8ft jumps and i'll be honest the battery has been the least of my concerns. If you can stop it moving about then it wont wear through the protective plastic wrap. Other than that not much else you can do.

KevTrem - What brand where those 10000mAH beasts?
The 10000 mah battery is a gensacearespammers battery and I have 2 other 13000 mah batteries by Floureon.
The gensacearespammers battery is 35c and the others are 25c.
Not bad batteries for general bashing.
I get about half hour of bashing in a field with the gensacearespammers battery, or over an hour in the forest where not much chance for full throttle.

Clubin, evssv, KevTrem, what "C" ratings do you run? Even the set of 4s 8000mAH 100c Power Hobby batteries I run get warm. Maybe Power Hobby lips aren't great, maybe I give the DBXL hell..

That's exactly what it looked like in my kitchen!!☢
I heard a hissing sound and quickly brushed the Lipo into the kitchen sink,then smoke and kabluey!!. ???
Luckily it didn't catch the window curtains and only damage was some scorched bowls,dishes and uh..my pride.
I bought new ones but treat them with respect,these things are bombs just looking for an excuse to go off.
Lesson learned!!⚠

The weird part was,everything seemed fine.
Except- it wouldn't take a chage.
I learned later that the flysky gt5 draws power when off.
So it dropped the voltage wayyy down. I couldn't seem to charge,so looked around and followed things to try. This was my first time messing with a lipo.
I tried some various charging advice and it seemed to be charging but...it kept charging. So I disconnected it. Sat it on sink lip,went to do something and came back to a hissing sound. Well you know the rest.???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks