Project OJ - Losi 5 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems as if my diff housing is starting to give up I have play right where the metal guide bushing goes inB0F40D60-CFFB-4707-B373-213989060E6B.jpeg
If you notice in the photo the hole is starting to elongate. On a scale from 1-10 how much of a problem is this? I think it may strip the ring or pinion as it gets worse. Am I right?

I had that on the 5b? I did the mod oversized bearing upgrade by MOD problem solved ?? the diffs all have the same bearings from stock and they are pathetic ??
Screenshot_20200618-073707_Samsung Internet.jpg
Much Larger Bearing to help with extreme load. Lasts much longer then standard flanged bearing. This equates to less maintenance cost over time.
Improved Geometry, as now its less likely to strip gears as the OEM right side diff insert is undersized and allows diff to move fore and aft in the case causing improper pinion / ring gear diff engagement which can cause failure to occur.
Improved clearance to run boots over the outdrives. This will help refrain from bone and outdrive wear.
Been in Matts Cars for over 3 years, with success after success with less maintenance cost over time
MOD INSURANCE POLICY:

Ultimate MOD Rear Diff Inserts $63.99 > $64.98 Replacement Ring & Pinion (not counting countless bearings you wont have to replace and have to empty your diff oil continuously to reach the left hand bearing ($27.98 on average to rebuild bearings/oil) (View second image for parts breakdown)
FEATURES:

7075-T6 Anodized Aluminum
Avid RC Bearings
100% Made in the USA!

Last edited:
Yeah. Took about a month for them to ship my top end rebuild
I mean I get it they are busy and they should be they are a great company but surely they can hire an extra couple of guys to help expedite orders. to be fair I don't know what kind of margins they are working with, it may not be an option

I mean I get it they are busy and they should be they are a great company but surely they can hire an extra couple of guys to help expedite orders. to be fair I don't know what kind of margins they are working with, it may not be an option
Is it the Sig Series or full mod top end? If so they have to port the top end before sending it out. Its not about grabbing it off the shelf, packing and shipping. Gotta stand in line like the rest?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks