Radio Selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpine4

I just purchased a losi 5ive-T 2.0 and Spektrum dx5c radio. Advice I been getting is the radio not bad but not great for 1/5 scale model. Question is should I return the radio which shows up tomorrow and pay more for Futaba or keep the radio. I hear some guys really like it. I also purchased a killer bee kill switch, again I hear you have to dig to get it to work properly with kill switch.
If I buy a Futaba transmitter is the transmitter bound to receiver I buy with the radio? Getting to the point of buy once cry once.

Keep the radio disable avc on the receiver when hooking up a kill switch if you have any issues with the kill switch call horrizon they can walk you through it

I just purchased a losi 5ive-T 2.0 and Spektrum dx5c radio. Advice I been getting is the radio not bad but not great for 1/5 scale model. Question is should I return the radio which shows up tomorrow and pay more for Futaba or keep the radio. I hear some guys really like it. I also purchased a killer bee kill switch, again I hear you have to dig to get it to work properly with kill switch.
If I buy a Futaba transmitter is the transmitter bound to receiver I buy with the radio? Getting to the point of buy once cry once.

Buy a Futaba

Buy a futaba x2, if you buy a tx and rx at the same time you don't need to bind it. There was a member on here that had to buy a non ACV reciever to make his set up work. At that point theres no reason to run the spektrum radio in my mind. Just my opinion.

Buy a futaba x2, if you buy a tx and rx at the same time you don't need to bind it. There was a member on here that had to buy a non ACV reciever to make his set up work. At that point theres no reason to run the spektrum radio in my mind. Just my opinion.
I think Spektrum is putting out subliminal messages and brainwashing people?

In the long run since this is an investment I should pull the trigger on Futaba. Sounds like a plug and play. Pull out the spektrum receiver and replace with futaba receiver plug in servos, killer bee and good to go, that sound right? Then set up radio.

You got it (y)

I have the Spektrum Dx5c rugged, no issues with it and my killer bee switch. binds no problem, all fail safes work as far as brakes and kill switch when I turn off/lose signal, all works as should. I have it set up with both my Baja 5t and my Sidewinder sx-5. I use the spektrum sr515 5 channel receivers.

I have the Spektrum Dx5c rugged, no issues with it and my killer bee switch. binds no problem, all fail safes work as far as brakes and kill switch when I turn off/lose signal, all works as should. I have it set up with both my Baja 5t and my Sidewinder sx-5. I use the spektrum sr515 5 channel receivers.
I assume you re bound disabling AVC? Thinking I am going to keep the radio and use it.

Yes, that is correct. no issues as long as you disable avc.

Just know, the touch panel on the back for setting up parameters and stuff takes some getting use to. other than that, I like it
Great! Did you have to put two bind plugs in the receiver to disable the AVC?

Yes 2 bind plugs with the kill switch off and when you set the kill switch to a channel you have to set that channel end point to100 i forget which way it's a little procedure but you already spent the money you can use the futaba money for when you upgrade good luck I also have a spectrum it works great but there's always bigger and better.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks