Rampage MT & Rampage XB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original body is now destroyed due to the rollover in the video. I've replaced it with my Duratrax Firehammer MT body. It doesn't quite fit, but I cut the wheel wells out a bit to try and make it look a bit longer. Good enough until this one is destroyed. A brand new FG Truck body awaits!

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

Silly simple question guys about the Rampage XB. I noticed the tank is only 500cc instead of 700cc like the other buggy 4X4's. Is there a dramatic time in racing longer mains? Most Ive seen are around 1/2 hour. I noticed in the Power Jam the race time was only 20 minutes. Have they been changing the 1/5th scale race times or up to the club. Just wondering. thanks.

sounds like you need a ddm 9500 clutch spring in your pig, they make a massive difference in picking up off the bottom, and don't fade like the crap hpi 8k ones..
this is my old pig with a sprint77 dom that i remodded a touch and a lauty clutch set to about 9500 and obr rp 2 bolt 30.5..pick up near instant..clutch set up makes a big difference with all that weight
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7RgqJvwsI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7RgqJvwsI[/ame]

Last edited:
Silly simple question guys about the Rampage XB. I noticed the tank is only 500cc instead of 700cc like the other buggy 4X4's. Is there a dramatic time in racing longer mains? Most Ive seen are around 1/2 hour. I noticed in the Power Jam the race time was only 20 minutes. Have they been changing the 1/5th scale race times or up to the club. Just wondering. thanks.

Not sure, never raced large scale, since the poor people around KC can't afford or don't have hobbies, we don't have tracks. :D

sounds like you need a ddm 9500 clutch spring in your pig, they make a massive difference in picking up off the bottom, and don't fade like the crap hpi 8k ones..
this is my old pig with a sprint77 dom that i remodded a touch and a lauty clutch set to about 9500 and obr rp 2 bolt 30.5..pick up near instant..clutch set up makes a big difference with all that weight

I have one of those, just need to change it out. I've had it a year and was waiting for the clutch to go, it hasn't, so I haven't changed it. I think I might just do it this weekend since it's supposed to be hot and humid (100, ugh).

Moo- finally put in that 9500 spring.....holy hell! Night and day vs the 8k hpi. I'm sold on the 9500's now.

;)big difference eh!
i'm going to try a TMR 9500 spring from innovative hobby...they're supposed to be a bit more consistant than the ddm one with hardly any fade when real hot. I haven't really noticed it too bad on the ddm ones, even when hot they probably still hit hard at 8- 8.5k

Been awhile since I've updated this thread. Just purchased the 7075rc steering knuckles and rear carriers. Nice stuff! Picked up some new bearings from fasteddy to go with them and I think I'm good to go.

Some time this summer, I'm thinking about getting the belt drive.

Untitled.jpg

IMG_0292.gif

Been awhile since I've updated this thread. Just purchased the 7075rc steering knuckles and rear carriers. Nice stuff! Picked up some new bearings from fasteddy to go with them and I think I'm good to go.

Some time this summer, I'm thinking about getting the belt drive.

Untitled.jpg

IMG_0292.gif

They look good in black. Do they come anodized now?

I finally painted up a slightly butchered FG MT body I won for relatively cheap on eBay a couple years ago. My biggest issue is the fact the darn wheel wells don't line up with the XB wheelbase. But, I don't run with anyone, so the only person that will notice is me.

IMAG0877.jpg

IMAG0870.jpg

IMAG0871.jpg

IMAG0872.jpg

IMAG0875.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7RgqJvwsI

Great vid man. I like how it flips over on its back and then rolls on its wheels during the first drop. Reminds me of those trucks that I used to see in boxes that would climb up walls fall over and then roll back on their wheels again over and over. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks