RCJ13 e92 335i

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a level up from the rcs. 2011 335i coupe with the n55 engine. Ive had it for a little while already so I've done some little stuff to it already. I did the water pump and thermostat (took 2 days on jackstands in the driveway), also did the DV spacer while I was there. I got some nicer rims, carbon trunk lip, front splitter, carbon antenna cover, side skirts not installed yet. In the middle of doing the exhaust, the corrosion in the hardware is so bad I ended up cutting the nuts off with an angle grinder, chassis brace bolts are horribly seized on tho, broke 4 torx sockets (including an impact one) tried an impact, heat, soaking in rust remover, breaker bar, air gun. Kinda unsure how to continue, seems like I cannot find any good quality bits, really don't wanna break the bank and order the snap on or matco ones. Any ideas for that?

View attachment 92940
here’s a good pic i found on youtube, i ordered an apex tools socket so hopefully that won’t break. I already have 3 of the 8 out but the others won’t budge

don't have a acetylene torch, i tried map gas with no luck
U got a few options
Find the biggest impact ever and probably snap them, then drill them out and retap
Drill them out in the first place and retap
Take it to someone with an acetylene torch

Map gas will never work . New map pro shite gas torches are only slightly hotter than propane and won't get anywhere near cherry red

Did you try a massive breaker bar? That might get it. Also might snap the bolts

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks