RcJunkie TLR 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High temps = tight engine= engine damage.
Bluing of steel= temper change in the steel=junk.
Rich fuel settings= cooler engine.
300* is not ok. Your an idiot that's destroying an engine.
I’m not trying to destroy it. It’s just the body in the 5b. I can tell that it is tuned well, also the pipe is under the body heating up the whole inside, so all that is being circulated is hot air.
Also, the temps are taken after wot runs
are you suggesting that I am to lean?

Last edited:
There was a guy down at p1 last weekend that was having heat issues on his 5B. Said he was roasting servos? Idk maybe your problem is airflow. If you come down during a race weekend there will be 5 other guys with 5B's that can help answer any questions.

I'm there every sat/sun practicing tweeking and breaking chit 10-4. Been on the slow side saturdays so I'd suggest coming any Sunday. Not this weekend coming but next is the Sunday club race. Track will be off limits til about 1pm.

This is last Sunday

There was a guy down at p1 last weekend that was having heat issues on his 5B. Said he was roasting servos? Idk maybe your problem is airflow. If you come down during a race weekend there will be 5 other guys with 5B's that can help answer any questions.
It's always an airflow/lean tune with these things. The guys that got them working right have very open bodies to help move the air through the engine. I suspect pushing the performance envelope on the edge of lean doesn't help matters either.
Hard to tell with such a short WOT run time but it did sound like it was breaking up a bit on top. I'd personally play with your tune a bit more. Also sounded like your transition was a bit laggy. Not bad, but just a slight hesitation.

It's always an airflow/lean tune with these things. The guys that got them working right have very open bodies to help move the air through the engine. I suspect pushing the performance envelope on the edge of lean doesn't help matters either.

Hard to tell with such a short WOT run time but it did sound like it was breaking up a bit on top. I'd personally play with your tune a bit more. Also sounded like your transition was a bit laggy. Not bad, but just a slight hesitation.
ok so gotta richen top end a tad, and what do I do with the transition thing

Could be several things, id start with low end tune. Very small adjustments and see if it changes. If that doesn't help, then I'd say clutch engagement vs gears. May just be how it is with your set up. It's not bad, just slight. It's most noticeable when you slowed down and got back on it near the end of your video.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks