RCR brakes on a 5T 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rgarbarino

Hey guys, I got a set of RCR brakes from DDM on sale and I’m trying to put them on and found the holes in the pads are not big enough for the stock brake screws to fit. Is this normal? Do I need to enlarge them myself to get these to work? Advice ASAP since I’m working on this right now.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• EA192E95-1BFC-4ABD-9A5C-6A78BFF111D8.jpeg
    EA192E95-1BFC-4ABD-9A5C-6A78BFF111D8.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 8
Im going to say. Either drill out the copper pad ONLY if there's enough around the hole after drilling. Or B buy v1 brake bolts or go to your local screw store and buy something that will work. Rcr brakes were only offered on v1 5t. I have modified rc booted disks on my 2.0 but kept my stock pads and hardware but had to ditch the springs

Is it worth the upgrade on the baja?
Absolutely . Stock brakes in my rovan could barely stop it (and that car wasn't fast either) and faded like mad. On my current Baja I decided I like my ankles and bought the rcr upgrade, no regrets ? like Doug said, I think it's an essential upgrade.
As for the original post, I had to enlarge the holes on my pads too I believe, just get a drill bit and go for it. Copper is quite soft so its very easy.

Ok, this set sucks! Drilled the hole to fit the screws then went to put it all together and the brake disc is a slightly larger diameter than stock and contacts the brake springs and binds up. These are going back!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks