ReBuild Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knx873

Hi all! I’m new to this forum. I have a 5B and looking at going big bore. I have been flying helicopters for 20 years. I bought this a few years ago and would like to make it extremely fast. Looking at RC Max 55 to 88 cc motors. What drive line upgrades should be done to help keep it together? All thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Hi all! I’m new to this forum. I have a 5B and looking at going big bore. I have been flying helicopters for 20 years. I bought this a few years ago and would like to make it extremely fast. Looking at RC Max 55 to 88 cc motors. What drive line upgrades should be done to help keep it together? All thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Irc driveline
Irc diff case or taylor rc diff locker
Blackbone trans gears
Taylor r. Diff case or turtle racing diff case
Pretty much all you need will be at detroit performance or Tyler rc Uk
Plenty of big bore baja builds in this forum look through them and you will find all the info you need

Irc driveline
Irc diff case or taylor rc diff locker
Blackbone trans gears
Taylor r. Diff case or turtle racing diff case
Pretty much all you need will be at detroit performance or Tyler rc Uk
Plenty of big bore baja builds in this forum look through them and you will find all the info you need
That’s for the reply. Will this cover everything? Also what gear ratio should I select?

Attachments

• EC75DBF8-A37E-4F59-9DA8-37C6F01EE8EA.png
    EC75DBF8-A37E-4F59-9DA8-37C6F01EE8EA.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 10
  • C2C35C14-1E4F-43CF-A223-70EE531BC249.png
    C2C35C14-1E4F-43CF-A223-70EE531BC249.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 15A416EC-7D30-4BE8-B74C-CAEBC2FCDC96.png
    15A416EC-7D30-4BE8-B74C-CAEBC2FCDC96.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 10
Well, my first thought is = you never stated what surface you plan to drive on. So all above recommendations may be out the window.
As an overpowered 1/5 & 1/4 scales are hard to keep on a track (if you plan on racing).
If you plan on bashing, some of the stuff may have no use, as you need cheapest break point(s), unless you have the need to show off money and or want to rebuild/buy on a daily basis.
Same goes with straight (or rather straightish) speed runs (again, what surface) etc.....................................

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks