Recommend FG Monster Truck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
I'm looking at getting the FG Monster Truck as I've noticed pythonmotorsports.com has it for $1,100.00 with free shipping in US, however just wanted get some of you FG guys opinion on it.

Also just a bit courious, is there a two speed out for this or a 4WD conversion for it?

-Michael

Gr8 choice woodie.FG does make a 2 speed and a 4wheel drive conversion kit.It's a bit pricey around $1500.For that money you can almost get the MCD 4 WD MT:)

i don't think the conversion costs that much not hold me to that though! It's made by kamitiro! and the 2 speed gear box wont work with the conversion! the 2 speed box is ok but it's very hard to tell when it's changing up, there is no engine note change like on the nitro's!

WOW - that's more then the kit itself and pretty much the cost of a MCD 4x4 - don't see much point in something like that.

Are there any other recommended hop-ups I should get for the FG Monster Truck?

-Michael

AHH i see why it costs so much it's been upgraded to alloy parts,and now is chain driven the standard one is plastic and belt driven! The alloy looks miles better!!!!!!!!!!

Not for my wallet it doesn't ;)

Looks like I'll be playing an order for an FG Monster then!

-Michael

Woodie, I've had a two speed in mine since the first day I got it, in fact I never even ran it with the one speed. To me its the best thing I've done to the truck...I have the Stadium Hummer but they are basically the same thing. Only thing I recomend is getting steel gears...the plastics don't hold up very well....heres a pic of my setup.

Last edited:
On RCNuts website they are giving away a free alloy gear carrier - what's the big benefit of this part and is it really "needed" over stock.

-Michael

I think the stiffness of the rear shock spings also affects wheelies...the stiffer the rear shocks(via spacers) the easier to make wheelies.

Ok here's what the order is looking like thus far...

FG Monster Truck
5745MG Servo
645MG Servo
Rear Alloy Carrier
Alloy Rear Upper Arms
Metal Gear Combo
Metal rachet pullstart

$1236.00 - Shipped to my door

Is there anything else I'm missing and/or need?

-Michael

No, I've got a Spektrum DX3.0 I plan on using with the FG Monster Truck.

-Michael

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks