Refreshing and rebuilding my Baja SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my baja is nearing final stage of completion
Ordered
Kraken layshaft
Brp adapter
I still have the stock ss diff but won't be upgrading that.

Have
Sx5 going to paint either all black or all red or red and black cant make up my mind yet probably red and black. Does anyone one sell masking tape designs for 1/5 scales?

Want
Fs clutch 10,000 spring
Wheels i really like the brp 190 super spikes for the looks but like the weight of the rcmax wheels not sure wich to go with on this one.

I'd do matte black on the cage ? tamiya sells tape for rc painting.
How about those tapes that have designs?
I usually use regular tape mask from Home Depot
But I want something with a design I always see them for 1/8 but never 1/5
Personally I'd go with standard super spikes, they fit the cage style much better than the taller 190mm
Is standard smaller than Baja wheels?
I'd do matte black on the cage ? tamiya sells tape for rc painting.
I like that Matt black

Last edited:
Ok got it?? Thamks
Personally I'd go with standard super spikes, they fit the cage style much better than the taller 190mm
I see what your saying the standard is the size of the Baja wheels. But I don’t see them on brp site only the 7 inch.
Well looks like I was highly confused I thought the 190 were the 7 inch. So the 190 are actually bigger like 8 inch. So I want the standard 7 inch probably order from track day hobbies.

Last edited:
When you paint take your time ?? you can draw your design on the clear coat and if you not happy clean it off with thinnes and go again ? when ya happy cut the mask with a craft knife??
Dark colors first??
Wrong, on rc you do light to dark. Your final backer is typically black. The liquid mask drys, never super impressed with it, or I should say I suck at using it. Any automotive masking tape can be used, you can get it down to 1/8" or so. haven't for that intricate yet, myself.

Wrong, on rc you do light to dark. Your final backer is typically black. The liquid mask drys, never super impressed with it, or I should say I suck at using it. Any automotive masking tape can be used, you can get it down to 1/8" or so. haven't for that intricate yet, myself.
My bad you right sean dark to light?

This is a sweet looking wrapView attachment 71636

One thing to note, crazy paint or graphics schemes really take away from body lines and make it hard to really focus on the overall shape of the body. The sx5 cage has really nice lines, it is a sweet wrap but it will take away from the look if you know what I mean.

Simple paint jobs really make any body pop. Just my opinion on it.

One thing to note, crazy paint or graphics schemes really take away from body lines and make it hard to really focus on the overall shape of the body. The sx5 cage has really nice lines, it is a sweet wrap but it will take away from the look if you know what I mean.

Simple paint jobs really make any body pop. Just my opinion on it.
I agree I’m just going to go straight black or candy Apple red I don’t think I have the patience anymore to sit and do all that masking. On a 1/8 body it’s no big deal since the body is so small. But on a 1/5 scale There is way to much ground to cover.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks