Refreshing and rebuilding my Baja SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong, on rc you do light to dark. Your final backer is typically black. The liquid mask drys, never super impressed with it, or I should say I suck at using it. Any automotive masking tape can be used, you can get it down to 1/8" or so. haven't for that intricate yet, myself.
Have you watched the hemistorm vid of him using the liquid mask? I think he did like 5 coats in that vid. I'll dig it up if you never seen.

Have you watched the hemistorm vid of him using the liquid mask? I think he did like 5 coats in that vid. I'll dig it up if you never seen.
I opted for the less is more going to do a candy apple red body. If I do anything I might do some masking but I have drawn a black when it comes to design ideas. I ordered 2 cans of candy apple red and 2 cans of metallic black. If I don't come up with anything by the time my paint comes im going full candy apple red.

I'm with ya dude, can never make up my mind either. Had the idea of doing my Marder in maui blue with red or yellow roof scoop. Now idk, might just do flat grass hopper green with black rims and wing. There just too many options and ways to go about it ?

It looks like you either got too close or applied a second coat before the first properly dried.
Starting running from the first coat, I’m probably better of with a wrap anyway I used 2 cans and still really trans lucent probably need like 6 cans of this to get it a solid red. Wich is pretty much the price of a decent wrap.

Translucent paints are very hard to spray, they take a lot of light coats till you can even see them. Likely you put it on much too heavy, and too fast. The backer is what makes the color, the amount of coats is what dictates the depth of color.
Ok I see, I have some metallic black I’m going to back it with hopefully it will look a little better. Right now I’m just hoping for a improvement well trying to salvage my mess up.
Tamiya paint everytime 👍🏻
It’s Tamiya that I always used in the past. Guess I’m better of sticking to what I’m use to

Ok I see, I have some metallic black I’m going to back it with hopefully it will look a little better. Right now I’m just hoping for a improvement well trying to salvage my mess up.

It’s Tamiya that I always used in the past. Guess I’m better of sticking to what I’m use to
If you remember from me painting my savy body I went through 4 ounces of red before I got it to cover right, and it still was more or less see through till I backed it with the silver metallic.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks