Reps 5t 2.0 v2 build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So here's a pic of the current state of the truck as I'm waiting for the pipe to finish clearing customs and the rest of the parts to funnel their way to my house. The goal of this build is to be close to what my last 2.0 is and get there as fast as i can. I'm not one for drawn out build threads so here's the start and my next post will be the semi finished version that ill be running till i want to upgrade the more expensive parts like diff housings etc.

20220717_190118.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @John Parks I thought of other rigs but I really couldn't say no to the 2.0 again. It won't be as lavish as what you build but I want to find a local area that has a mix of terrain for it or even a track. We just have alot of flat grass fields which is boring but good for the big bores.

Thanks @John Parks I thought of other rigs but I really couldn't say no to the 2.0 again. It won't be as lavish as what you build but I want to find a local area that has a mix of terrain for it or even a track. We just have alot of flat grass fields which is boring but good for the big bores.

Build for what you plan to use it for bro, I run by myself literally 100% of the time so I have to or I'd get very bored fast lol. If I had a track, trust me, most my stuff would be changed over dramatically

@John Parks well now that makes sense :oops:. Also I agree with build it for the planned use so I did heavier springs 50 wt oil, chassis braces,big flex body, center spoil, rear diff spool. The spools are just for my preference of driving it really. Here's the parts list so far.

Not pictured is jofer skid plates,xtreme rc cage panels,tlr 21t inserts.
Screenshot_20220717-214006_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20220717-213957_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20220717-213936_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20220717-213926_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20220717-213837_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20220717-214244_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20220717-214250_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20220717-214219_Gmail.jpg

I always lock my center diff, just preference I guess. Not really a reason not to considering theirs still the front and rear diffs to adjust to handling etc.

I’m not a fan of copper exhaust gaskets. Standard heavy duty does the job perfectly. And I’d suggest exhaust studs with nuts. But it looks like a bit of stuff to start with.

Crap it adds up fast. I don’t like looking at it that way though. Lol.

Thanks @Clubin and thanks for the advise but I've yet to have an issue not using studs and yea sean thats generally why I buy the copper because that's the last exhaust gasket I have to ever buy for this thing. Also a smear a bit of copper high temp rtv on both sides and let it rip.

Thanks @Clubin and thanks for the advise but I've yet to have an issue not using studs and yea sean thats generally why I buy the copper because that's the last exhaust gasket I have to ever buy for this thing. Also a smear a bit of copper high temp rtv on both sides and let it rip.
I don't bother with studs either, but I also don't get the run time some guys do.

Last edited:
I have a bit of progress through the week. I've been working on the chassis till the engine parts came then forgot I needed a few things to build the esp long block. So i ordered all the parts I took off the first engine to put in the v1.5, i did an overnite delivery to have the 2.0 running this weekend. I did all the diffs, shock fluids,kill switch, etc. Here's the progress 20220722_203038.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks