Rovan Baja 29CC breaking pull starts along with my arm!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has been stated previously: You may have already checked it.
  • Does the engine spit out fuel if you remove the spark plug, set the choke and crank it?
  • I would try removing the air filter.
    • Is the choke plate actually moving or is it stuck closed? That plastic lever can slip on the choke shaft.
    • Is there anything stuck in the carb?
    • Will it start with the filter removed?

i removed the filter and tried starting it and nothing, not even a pop. I also removed the spark plug and i didnt see any fuel spitting out. the choke works properly, its not stuck

i removed the filter and tried starting it and nothing, not even a pop. I also removed the spark plug and i didnt see any fuel spitting out. the choke works properly, its not stuck
And obviously check to make certain the needles are open

yes, i just reset them again just to make sure since its a new carb. With the filter off i can see fuel in the flap of the choke, im not sure if that means anything.

that was one of my concerns, that maybe there was no fuel going in . maybe something with the piston??? i wanted to rule out all the easy stuff before trying to break it lol Ive never removed a baja engine just small nitro

that was one of my concerns, that maybe there was no fuel going in . maybe something with the piston??? i wanted to rule out all the easy stuff before trying to break it lol Ive never removed a baja engine just small nitro
It is not that bad of a process to remove. I re read your original post. You said the engine felt sticky?

it does, when i pull its not smooth as when you pull without the spark plug. it's jerky and hard...i just know its definitely not as smooth as its supposed to be

it does, when i pull its not smooth as when you pull without the spark plug. it's jerky and hard...i just know its definitely not as smooth as its supposed to be
Hmmm….Look in the exhaust port and if possible remove carb and look into the intake at the walls and see if there are any serious gouges.

i removed the exhaust earlier today to look inside specifically at the piston but i didn't see any dents...i'll check the walls, if there was gouges on the walls then that would be causing it to not start or just a rough pull start?

i removed the exhaust earlier today to look inside specifically at the piston but i didn't see any dents...i'll check the walls
I am trying to help as best I can with out actually having this engine in my hands lol. It just seems odd you have fuel air and spark and no ignition. Compression is the last factor needed for ignition but it runs at WOT… maybe the ring is stuck I’m puzzled

brother...and i really appreciate it...im sure its hard not being able to look at it physically and like i said i've dealt with nitro and this is the first 1/5 scale. ...ive read so many other forums to see their suggestions to others and that's how i started to troubleshoot this thing, its just confusing me that it does not start having everything you mentioned.....

brother...and i really appreciate it...im sure its hard not being able to look at it physically and like i said i've dealt with nitro and this is the first 1/5 scale. ...ive read so many other forums to see their suggestions to others and that's how i started to troubleshoot this thing, its just confusing me that it does not start having everything you mentioned.....
Check the flywheel it could have skipped the key and cracked advancing the spark timing too much that would explain the broken pull starts

I just removed the flywheel and checked the key and everything looks good. nothing broken or cracked :mad:

I just removed the flywheel and checked the key and everything looks good. nothing broken or cracked :mad:
Do overtighten it when you put it back on or it can split. Sorry brother I have nothing else. Maybe take some pictures of the engine I’m running out of ideas 😂😂😂

It's all good, I'm also calling it quits for tonight but I'll definitely check it out tommorow and post some pictures. Thanks a ton though

if yer gonna remover the engine mate, pull the head and check the bore, and also check the wrist pin clips,
i've seen clips partially come out before and score the bore up, if a clips dragging it will cause the engine to feel/sound rough when pulling it over,
also seen clips come out altogether, that makes a proper mess though,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks