Roven diff will not fit in turtle racing diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks💪🏻 .......wish I could understand why you havin a problem?
Question for you. Does your tr case have 4 or 6 bolts? I was reading they changed the design of the case, so that leads me to believe there has to be a problem with the measurement of the case

I've had problems with TR products not being to spec over the years. The most recent was a 5iveT 2.0 clutch housing :(

I've heard of others having a problem with TR stuff sometimes also, and i noticed that a well known engine manufacturer mentioned recently that the TR diff can be out a bit sometimes also????

I now have the same problem but with IRC diff...it fits the gears side of the turtle case but not the backplate side...the HPI diff fitted fine...what is going on here. This baja has been nothing but trouble, all these aftermarket parts are made to crap tolerances (except the Taylor stuff) or are not compatible at all. Biggest money pit ever. Now I have to pull everything apart and invest another 150 quid in an Taylor case...this car is designed so so badly.

I now have the same problem but with IRC diff...it fits the gears side of the turtle case but not the backplate side...the HPI diff fitted fine...what is going on here. This baja has been nothing but trouble, all these aftermarket parts are made to crap tolerances (except the Taylor stuff) or are not compatible at all. Biggest money pit ever. Now I have to pull everything apart and invest another 150 quid in an Taylor case...this car is designed so so badly.
make sure your bearings are fully seated on the i-rc diff mate,
it doesn't take much to throw the fitment out,
if the bearings aint seated then the diff will seem to fit in the main part of the tr gearbox but will not sit properly against the bearing surfaces, that will make the rear section not fit (y)

make sure your bearings are fully seated on the i-rc diff mate,
it doesn't take much to throw the fitment out,
if the bearings aint seated then the diff will seem to fit in the main part of the tr gearbox but will not sit properly against the bearing surfaces, that will make the rear section not fit (y)
I just roughly seated it and smashed the whole case on the floor...problem solved. I can't believe how many issues I have come across with this build, almost everything at the rear end has been one problem or another. I feel I don't want to bash it hard now as it puts the fear of god into me just thinking about having to pull it apart to fix it...it's funny I normally love stuff like this, even the odd few problems along the way but the amount of times I have had to assemble and pull back apart the rear end because as you add more parts things don't work is beyond a joke, I must have rebuilt the rear end about 10 times. I now have an issue with the brake hex, I bought a Chinese one and it didn't work because the lip on it was too big and touching the tyranny plate when screwed down...I shaved it down a bit but it was still causing issues...so I thought never-ending I'll buy the one Mike sells on his website, don't think it's taylor but the lip is smaller so was like this must work...I still have the same problem, when fully tightening the one piece brake mount to the engine it starts binding...even the RCR brake discs were a nightmare to push on, had to tap them on because they are so tight. The tolerances are all over the show with these aftermarket parts and then you combine that with the stupidly awkward compound design of the Baja and it's such a headache.

Next issue is how I mount the Losi 5ive shocks to my FLM arms and FLM shock tower, the hardware is larger so don't know if Ican get different hardware that will both fit the shock and have smaller threads or what I'm going to do. Did see someone on here mounted 5ive shocks with the same setup to mine but didn't have any luck getting a reply in that thread.

Take a breath mate. No one forced you to buy aftermarket parts, it's know going between mfg there can and is tolerance stacking issues. Thats just life.
If you would like help with your issues, start your own thread.
@Rep732

Yea sorry the whole build has been frustrating rather than fun, I built it up from modded parts, never bought a kit and didn't realise what I was getting myself in to, I'm used to quality kits going together like butter such as Xray etc, assumed all these expensive parts were built to as high precision as that but I guess when you are mixing manufacturers and the aftermarket is trying to produced parts with less slop you are only going to get into fitment issues...it's funny because the front went together fine...I'm thinking all the problems have stemmed from the turtle case and possibly Modified RC bottom plate and due to the Baja having so many parts built on top of another the effect is just compounded. Sure I'll be super happy once it's done, just feel I'm always having to throw more and more money at it to solve the issues, once you have bought a few mods seems you need to buy more so things end up compatible but then you are stuck with fitment issues instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks