Running no shell, hpi baja 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did this hopefully it helps I've meshed the pullstart inside and out and meshed the gaps on the chasis between the main chasis and engine fan cover and also on the clutch bell holder also obviously the crankcase is mesh modded also
very nice job Teejay , Looks more trick than sloppy socks!!!

I heard that Lorraine got hit by a crazy runaway 70 ALX, They did what they could for her but they could not bring her back..R.I P.......Ya like corn juice? roll's off the tongue better than peepee head!!

Last edited:
Not much at all this was grass cut 2 /3 weeks ago not much to clean out at all some got into the engine mesh but the smallest bit so when I can be bothered I'll work on making these mods in 1.5mm polyurethane flexible sheets if they can take heat

Attachments

• 20190811_160604.jpg
    20190811_160604.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190811_115122.jpg
    20190811_115122.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190811_160509.jpg
    20190811_160509.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190811_160500.jpg
    20190811_160500.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 12
I heard that Lorraine got hit by a crazy runaway 70 ALX, They did what they could for her but they could not bring her back..R.I P.......Ya like corn juice? roll's off the tongue better than peepee head!!
Come on people!!!!! this is pretty CLEAR that I updated my account.... CAN YOU READ THIS.....Duh

@Teejay112 Zoiks yo! That's a pretty killer amount of mesh you have going there! (y)

Looks good, and it looks like it's doing a good job of meeting your objective while still providing much needed airflow. I like how you routed the seams and used the fasteners to hold it in place. Very elegant.

I haven't had a ton of issues running in grass until I recently ran in a local powerline park that was very dry and hadn't been cut in some time. I had to pull the motor to get all the weeds out from under it. Your ideas might be enough to keep me from having to do a full tear down if I end up going back there.

Good stuff!

Does anybody here run there 5b with no shell, to me the design is just awful for collecting crap and directing it in to places you just don't want it, and it just holds heat aswell, especially the bottom part around and under the engine, i was thinking off getting the fully sealed chassis, tr v2 full clutch set up (sealed), and sealed pullstart, mesh mod on flywheel and custom made windows that are longer in length and a custom plate over the steering servo, i no your never stop it all but i think that will improve the issue drasticly, i no some people will say why bother, but i don't like it anyways, i love to custom parts and i think it will look and hopfully perform better
No body all day! The absolute funnest way! These things will catch dirt any way. Also easier to get at parts and have a look!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks