Sand ingestion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
so i bought the ddm billet isolator block at the same time I bought my esp race ported top end kit. My issue is I was having really bad luck with the actual delrin isolator gaskets causing my carb to loosen up. Well my olimat pipe is coming tomorrow so I prepped my 5t for the new one coming so I took the old one off. My issue is when I took a peak in the exhaust port I can see some scoring on the piston from sand getting in there with the carb loosening up on each run. Mind you this was a total of 3 runs... i tried everything from loctite to trimming the bolts..ultimately I ended up eliminating the delrin and going back to paper gaskets and all is good... how likely can I politely point at ddm and say hey there's a problem here and I can feel that I have lost some compression from this and the kicker is i don't even have 2 tanks through this top end kit :banghead: :mad:

Yea well I didn't hear about it till I've seen it with my own eyes...i couldn't for the life of me get the carb to stay put. After every 15 minute run the dam carb was flopping around. If i knew I would of said no way..now I wasted 120 bucks on a dying top end kit and to be honest I want to complain

so i bought the ddm billet isolator block at the same time I bought my esp race ported top end kit. My issue is I was having really bad luck with the actual delrin isolator gaskets causing my carb to loosen up. Well my olimat pipe is coming tomorrow so I prepped my 5t for the new one coming so I took the old one off. My issue is when I took a peak in the exhaust port I can see some scoring on the piston from sand getting in there with the carb loosening up on each run. Mind you this was a total of 3 runs... i tried everything from loctite to trimming the bolts..ultimately I ended up eliminating the delrin and going back to paper gaskets and all is good... how likely can I politely point at ddm and say hey there's a problem here and I can feel that I have lost some compression from this and the kicker is i don't even have 2 tanks through this top end kit :banghead: :mad:
if you used RED locktight and it cured they should not have loosened up IMO , Delrin will compress but not that much IF it is real delrin , I have used Delrin for years on high pressure systems with no issues , use a gasket they actually have worked for 100 yrs ! then there are nylon lock screws as well. As far as complaining or at least letting them know I would just so they know and can deal with the issue at a minimum.

@buzzkill I appreciate the input but since I delt with this first hand and did everything in my power to keep it tight im going to say the product is flawed due to the indent left from the isolator block on whatever the material is...and i used blue loctite...blue should be more than enough to hold these small screws. And when everything was tight and loctite I could still move the carb like the surface of the delrin or nylon is super smooth and slick.. my point is it caused my new top end to slowly blow up due to crap gaskets

I'm not saying it didnt contribute to running issues, but weve discovered the l5b has heat issues in general. The leaking gaskets cant be abided. At minimum they should offer a discounted top end, imo of course.

Soooo do i have anything to stand on here? @Seandonato73 remember I asked if I can go to paper gaskets because these plastic ones were causing the carb to move... it just sucks I have barley 2 tanks on this top end and im not at luxury to just drop money at the blink of an eye on this truck

Im not one to knock a company and i figured something was wrong i may have done... i rarely complain and at this point im wondering if I need to dig into the bottom end since this is sand related

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks