say what!!!! hpi relaunch the 5b!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to see them bring back the baja 5b. It was one of their best selling kits so it was a no brainer to bring it back
Hopefully they improve on the design and come out with new versions or completely new 5th scale kits, a 4x4 something would be nice ;)

FGs and the Traxxas Monster Buggy come to mind. I think there was also an HSP sandrail-style buggy as well. The HPI Baja was the first to really look great and drive great, and helped to get the large-scale scene in the US onto its feet. With the exception of the industry as a whole shifting towards 4WD for bashing, the "new" Baja being 2WD and an old platform should still do very well even today. People like sandrails!

FGs and the Traxxas Monster Buggy come to mind. I think there was also an HSP sandrail-style buggy as well. The HPI Baja was the first to really look great and drive great, and helped to get the large-scale scene in the US onto its feet. With the exception of the industry as a whole shifting towards 4WD for bashing, the "new" Baja being 2WD and an old platform should still do very well even today. People like sandrails!
The baja is just iconic 1/5 scale. Ask anyone into smaller scale what a 1/5 scale is and the baja is what first comes to mind. When the see a 5ive or vekta their minds their minds are blown. No one that isnt into 1/5 scale thinks of a trophy truck, or desert racer. Besides that it's cheap. Closest competition is still a clone or dbxl in price. They will sell, just not like they used to. The guys into building their own will continue to use mostly aftermarket parts.

I knew about this a year ago. I shouldn't tell you this because HPI likes to keep their secrets but w/e.

HPI are working on their own big bore engine that will replace the Zenoah and be mass produced. This is due to other projects down the line that are should I say... Large scale.
Don't toy with my emotions like this...

@Troopermaniac no more leaks and no more ego stroking. It's getting old.
Ah I'm not really ego stroking. I'm just over excited. To be honest There is nothing to be proud about here except the feeling of knowing I get to support HPI instead of some no name Chinese company.

Btw Sean. Sorry brotha, I became uninterested in the engine game once I got my CNC. Most of my runtime is for either personal projects carbon fiber or motorcycle parts. I decided to leave the engine game to those who have been doing it for a long long time.

and it was introduced right now if it would even make it?
i think it would just because of how unique it is, not many 2wd bashers even out there, also essential to hybrids. i couldnt compare my baja to my losi, just completely different experience. most major flaw is durability, however when im driving i really pushing it and i have a rovan so cant expect it to be that good, if the hpi was out at the time i would have got that

i think it would just because of how unique it is, not many 2wd bashers even out there, also essential to hybrids. i couldnt compare my baja to my losi, just completely different experience. most major flaw is durability, however when im driving i really pushing it and i have a rovan so cant expect it to be that good, if the hpi was out at the time i would have got that
It's def a great platform. It's steering system needs a slight redesign and bracing but most of the RC out of the box as long as you don't add power to it can last a long long time. The smiles per miles are high.

No, stop being biased. If the platform was introduced right now. No aftermarket, no hybrids, no anything but a brand new hpi baja in a box, unknown to anyone. Based 100% on what comes in the box. Well pretend it's rtr and had the std cy 26cc 2 bolt engine and generic radio gear.
Now think about it real hard. Do you think it would make it?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks