Seasonal rebuild for my Baja 5b!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.hb71

Build Thread Contributor
So , this season was the first season of rcing in 2 years, and the first season, in gawd knows how long, for my Baja 5b that I acuired back in October of 2019 for $100! So I built it up and ran it from April to October (with alot if mishaps and breakages ?) , so its time for a rebuild to make it even better! Few days ago I tore it apart and found a bit of damage (nothing too bad, alot of slop tho) and cleaned it up, here's it as it sits, now time to start adding parts! I'm still pricing things out but I have an idea of what I wanna do.
IMG_20201022_233351.jpg

Let's try to keep this thread about the rebuild and not other things (I know it's mostly my fault for the detailing ???)

What you want

enclosed chassis (stock is clapped(
Front top plate
MX fuel vent
Radio box cover
32-34cc motor
Alu Trans Case
rear chassis
Rpm fr right, rear arms
flm hubs
Irp turn buckels
Bearing kit
Steering servo
fr shock brace
New air filter
Front bulkhead support (current one is cracked)
Axle boots
Axles (current ones are bent)
Rear shock brace
Shock bottoms & Shock caps (current ones have like 2mm of play lol)
Axle extenders

Still pricing things out but that's generally what I want . Going to save all my money until the DDM black Friday sale and knock some things off the list ?
Wanna buy new as much as possible

Last edited:
enclosed chassis (stock is clapped(
Front top plate
MX fuel vent
Radio box cover
32-34cc motor
Alu Trans Case
rear chassis
Rpm fr right, rear arms
flm hubs
Irp turn buckels
Bearing kit
Steering servo
fr shock brace $24
New air filter
Front bulkhead support (current one is cracked)
Axle boots
Axles (current ones are bent)
Rear shock brace
Shock bottoms & Shock caps (current ones have like 2mm of play lol)
Axle extenders

Still pricing things out but that's generally what I want . Going to save all my money until the DDM black Friday sale and knock some things off the list ?
Wanna buy new as much as possible
Nice list, I have never shopped DDM during Black Friday. I will need to check that out. I’m usually glued to Amazon on Black Friday never Rc Black Friday shopping I have been missing out

K so I did a tear down of the rear differential to do an inspection and re oil, found some things that are definitely not right. First and foremost , it had bearly any oil, which is concerning (you'll find out soon enough) . Second, the pins holding the bevel gears broke in 3 prices. Third, shaft seals are totally feked (that's where the oil leaked from I suppose). And lastly, one sides outer shaft bearing got eaten alive, the balls also completed desintigrated .
Take a look, glad I did this now! Luckily the bevel gears (rare as unicorn poop) are totally find . But I am considering a locker to skip all this bullshit. This is what winter rebuilds are for ?
Heres whats left of the pins
16039370486566510985065327153453.jpg
Bearing
16039370949224152406011039246816.jpg
Bash hard or go home ???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks