Seven Month Old Engine wont start.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dam. Have you checked the cylinder bolts for tightness and around the cylinder for leaks?
I'm really running out of ideas. If she has spark and fuel all it needs is compression and she should go bang (more or less) do you have a compression tester?

Success. I just came back from the store with a new spark plug and compression tester. With the kill switch still disconnected I installed the new spark plug. It fired right up and idled for about 15 minutes without cutting off. I didn't have to use the compression tester. I would like to know how much compression would have been ideal in case I have to go down that path one day.
Thanks to everyone who provided guidance.

I haven't seen a spec in my zenoah manual. But as a general rule of thumb it should run with 90 psi but I normally i am worried when I see 120ish psi. I just tore mine apart to port it. I'll check compression when I have it back together. I expect it to have close to 200psi when done.

Oh man, I didn't even think about the kill switch. I'm using an old V2 Killer Bee from 2009 and it has never given me a problem, but I'm reading that some of the newer/fancier options sometimes have spark issues.
I've had a almost new Super bee just die on me last year for no reason. Was replaced for free though.

Guys, a fundemental simple test to attempt to isolate weather we have a fuel issue or a spark issue is to remove old, wet, oily whatever plug, pull the engine over like 20 times to purge out all the residual raw fuel, add a brand new plug and give a light shot of starting fluid. If the engine farts or runs for a short time, you now know you have adequate ignition. Now you need to look at fuel delivery. If the op's engine sat for 7 months with un-treated ethanol fuel theres a high probability the carb is plugged with the famous "green death" spooge.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks