Shipping rigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougStar

Well Known Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So it looks like I'll be moving house in the next 6-8 month's??? just started the big push??. Just put my house on the market, going to start winding up here oon south Africa. Me and my family are heading to Australia??. Im going to be shipping some of our stuff in a mini container and I'll be putting my RC gear/ rigs along with some household and workshop toold ect. In the container. Want to fill it make it worth the $. How should I pack my most precious possessions the rc stuff?

So it looks like I'll be moving house in the next 6-8 month's??? just started the big push??. Just put my house on the market, going to start winding up here oon south Africa. Me and my family are heading to Australia??. Im going to be shipping some of our stuff in a mini container and I'll be putting my RC gear/ rigs along with some household and workshop toold ect. In the container. Want to fill it make it worth the $. How should I pack my most precious possessions the rc stuff?

Where are you coming to Doug ? SA?

Last edited:
Well I was road tripping to my new place so I didn't pack my RC stuff, just came with me in the car, but some stuff I did pack and I used Bubble wrap and packing paper, worked fine ? also what's ur thoughts on moving there? From my understanding aren't you pretty much forced there? I see there's a better RC scene there ? do you want to go? Give me the spiel ?

His had a friend move back to Sweden. He had his car and belongings shipped in a sea container. He packed all his valuables that fit into his car then all his furniture/ everything else around the car. Kinda jig sawed it in there. We used tons of moving blankets against his car to protect it from stuff shifting around. Form what he said nothing was damaged on the trip over.

belongings shipped in a sea container. He
That's what we're will do ?? but don't think we're will take a 1/1 car?........I have a jeweler's mill that' has a $10 000 + -replacement value so wanna take that my rc rigs replacement value.....I don't want to add that up???? but we possibly only use a 1/4 size??

That's what we're will do ?? but don't think we're will take a 1/1 car?........I have a jeweler's mill that' has a $10 000 + -replacement value so wanna take that my rc rigs replacement value.....I don't want to add that up???? but we possibly only use a 1/4 size??
Just a thingy, if your going to be using a sea container, make sure to protect the raw steel (if any) because that stuff WILL rust because of the salt in the water, I know it's not getting submerged but when I moved over seas, stuff rusted even tho it was packed, put penetrating oil in the Engines as well. Oh and rubber, that stuff melts easy, again when I moved overseas, it melted so protect that any which way you can.

What v other way is there of I did not go by sea? not flying my shite imagine the cost od that?

Where did y move?
Well ship it to ur new address via DHL or some poop. Still would cost alot. Oh and I moved to the UAE/Dubai, all I'm Gunna say about that is it was expensive, the roads made no sense, and it's not all that people make it up to be.

There's no way i could take any with me?? id have to send then........ my biggest thing would really be making customs over there? they are super worried about any grass seeds..... golf carts or weed wakes (maybe rc rigs) will be inspected big time everything has to be super clean. I'd also have insurance on my shipment?. From what i understand they will fly all my stuff? take 22 days from the date of collection to my new address?

There's no way i could take any with me?? id have to send then........ my biggest thing would really be making customs over there? they are super worried about any grass seeds..... golf carts or weed wakes (maybe rc rigs) will be inspected big time everything has to be super clean. I'd also have insurance on my shipment?. From what i understand they will fly all my stuff? take 22 days from the date of collection to my new address?

You're right there Doug.
Border protection don't like seeds or dirt etc like our rigs get full of.
I'd just put a few drops of 2 stroke in and turn it over a couple of times.
I live 50m from the beach and the lube from just running it seems to keep things rust free.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks