Shock o-ring stretched

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Dusty-

Hello.

I was giving my 5t another look over before I got it ready to break in and noticed a leak in the front shock. The O-ring looks like it got stretched when installed and screwed on like that. I cant seem to get it to seal as it bubbles out. Are you able to shrink an o-ring with heat? I know thats not a permanent solution but would it work temporarily?

I looked at the parts explode but it only gave me a part number for a shock rebuild kit. Im pretty sure these are what I need for the shock cap o-ring

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-losi-racing-bleeder-shock-cap-screw-washer-set-tlr353004/p446626

Now I am still pretty new to the hobby and my only experience is with Traxxis shocks that I rebuild once. These are different as they have no bladder. Is there any video tutorials that may teach how to rebuild these bleeder cap shocks? Just want to make sure I do it right

Man, looks like Im gonna have to redo all the shocks. After looking at the o-rings and looking for more leaks I decided to see if there was anything else.

The other front one is fine, but the two rear shock boots are filled with oil. They weren't leaking out of the boot but leaked into the boot. Probably why I didn't notice before.

Gonna have to order some oil as I don't think I have enough to fill all the shocks

Man, looks like Im gonna have to redo all the shocks. After looking at the o-rings and looking for more leaks I decided to see if there was anything else.

The other front one is fine, but the two rear shock boots are filled with oil. They weren't leaking out of the boot but leaked into the boot. Probably why I didn't notice before.

Gonna have to order some oil as I don't think I have enough to fill all the shocks
that sux man. might as well just order the o rings if you have to order oil. bummer (n)

Yea I got it from great hobbies In canada. Not sure if they have a warranty, most places around here are 30 day warrenties so that might have come and gone.

Might give them a call but if they do wanna help, it will probably take awhile since they don't have part I need. I checked their website first

I'd bet them.up anyway. The worst they can say is up yours. At best you get a few rebuild kit for free....it really sucks your just north of us and still have crap luck getting stuff....
A main is a good place. Even shipping across the states is quick with them. I get stuff in about 4to 5 days. I'm in pa

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks