Should i Buy this? New to rc and want to get into crawling, saw this ad for cad175$ and want to know if it's a good deal, what Do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't a site for anything smaller than 1/5 scale. If your interested in this stuff please sign up at rctalk.com
They Banned me for being a spam account without even being able to post once, Do you at least know the model so i can Do some research?

I do not unfortunately. @WoodiE Owns rc talk as well as here. Send him a message here to get you back on there. I'll do this for you I'll let the thread stay here im just going to move it to other rc's.
Alright appreciated
If you want to get into crawling get something from axial they are entry level hobby grade and have lots of aftermarket support.
Meh not sure how i feel about paying 300+ for something i'm not sure Ill like

Last edited:
Alright appreciated

Better give up rc as a hobby then. Amazon and ebay have cheaper options.
None of the other hobby grade brands I'd suggest are any cheaper and nearly none have the support an axial does. Rc4wd has some nice options,but anything bigger then 1/18 scale is going to be more then $300.00.
Actually I can't think of any 1/10 or 1/8 scale that goes much below $250.00. The smaller scale just suck. No realistic features and stupidly dopic to use.
your pictures are of a 1/10 scale losi rock racer or night crawler. Discontinued and crap as far as a scale crawler goes. You can still find some floating around. Wouldn't reccomend one.

Alright appreciated

Get a new hobby then if you are just getting into rc starte with something reasonable price just in case you don't take to the hobby I paid 300 for my first car and upgraded

Get a new hobby then if you are just getting into rc starte with something reasonable price just in case you don't take to the hobby I paid 300 for my first car and upgraded
Beware this forum. $300 is just a drop in the bucket. Unfortunately some of these damn fools KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT AND CAN ACTUALLY HELP YOU HAVE FUN. Look what they made me do to my DDM account. *pauses for deadpan comedic confirmation*

Soon enough you will be saying “Brapppp” in your sleep.

Last edited:
@Picodogg who are you calling a damn fool? Spending money has nothing to do with this forum directly. No body here is forcing anyone to spend their own money or pressuring anyone into something they don't want or can afford.
Pardon the expression, it’s a term of endearment.

I just like blaming someone else for me spending money. Makes it more fun.

I don’t think my sarcasm translated very well.

With that said, yes I agree and I say this often to others professionally, “Don’t buy things you can’t afford.”

This forum actually helps me save money. Able to trouble shoot things before dumping cash into them and or watching others, test, trial and error and so on.

As for crawling I did up a Traxxas TRX4. It is a really solid platform and very capable with upgrades and tons of aftermarket support.
But your gonna be well over the $300 mark for sure.
I have also learned through a multitude of years in RC, going cheap isnt always the cheap solution. Lol. Usually means your buying more stuff to fix the stuff that was skimped on.

That looks like its a Losi Night Crawler 2.0 from the pic posted. This is a discounted model from Losi but still appears to have some aftermarket support. Busting out the internet sleuthing and will get you far.

This forum actually helps me save money. Able to trouble shoot things before dumping cash into them and or watching others, test, trial and error and so on.

As for crawling I did up a Traxxas TRX4. It is a really solid platform and very capable with upgrades and tons of aftermarket support.
But your gonna be well over the $300 mark for sure.
I have also learned through a multitude of years in RC, going cheap isnt always the cheap solution. Lol. Usually means your buying more stuff to fix the stuff that was skimped on.

That looks like its a Losi Night Crawler 2.0 from the pic posted. This is a discounted model from Losi but still appears to have some aftermarket support. Busting out the internet sleuthing and will get you far.
“This forum actually helps me save money.”

No joke. 100% truth. Prevents the trial and error and allows you to measure six or seven times before you make the first cut.

Beware this forum. $300 is just a drop in the bucket. Unfortunately some of these damn fools KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT AND CAN ACTUALLY HELP YOU HAVE FUN. Look what they made me do to my DDM account. *pauses for deadpan comedic confirmation*

Soon enough you will be saying “Brapppp” in your sleep.
I have had my car for a couple of years but just starting to use it again
True about that I got a cheap carb for my car never again its all about crash fix starte again have fun

the car is old and discontinued, and while quality i wouldn't. maybe finding parts probs. there's 2 types of crawlers - scale and comp. scale is supposed to look real, comp is all out performance (and less popular). i would go with a popular, non chinese brand for parts and less probs overall. if money's tight try used. try ebay, rctech.net for sale section, maybe other forums fs section. i'm a little upset that people here sounded so negative, most of us are friendly and like to help people. get a subscription to and look at the site of rccaraction.com, youtube

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks