Should I rebuild or get another motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to order a zen motor tonight I'm using Maxima 927 castor. Is that a good choice I don't want to brick another motor but of course I won't get grass and dirt in this one 😂. What air filters are you all using?

I run castor 927 in all 4 of my engines and I use a uni "3 filter with a tgn redneck and an outerwears cover and I oil the filter and the redneck as I smoked a brand new engine with sand when using a different filter oil...

What ratio are you mixing the oil at?

I'll try a different air filter oil. I use dynamite air filter oil and it's dyed blue. I love the 927 stuff smells good and it had a good coating of oil on it when I took it apart.

Use whatever oil you want to. The caster will only be an issue at low temps or if you let it sit for a wile. Attracts moisture and gets gummy after it sits, but typically not an issue unless it's sitting for a long time.

I ordered a Zenoah g290rc, tgn air filter and also ordered the dual pre-filter for it as well. No more ingesting dirt and grass. Also got a pull starter outwear so it doesn't get grass in the cooling fins.

Got the DDM dominator exhaust on. Was half off because of cosmetic reasons and it just ended up being the smallest chip at the end of the pipe. Wrapped it so it doesn't melt the plastic and waiting for a friend to make me a custom metal bumper so it fits around the pipe as the plastic one didn't. Need to figure out how to route the silencer so it doesn't bottom out and hit the tire so I'm stiffening my shocks for the time being. Is there rubber tubing such as radiator tubing I can use to mount it under the wing?

Attachments

• 20210906_170103.jpg
    20210906_170103.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210906_170405.jpg
    20210906_170405.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 4
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks