Should I rebuild or get another motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisBlue233

Hello All,

I rebuilt my engine about a year ago and have done some upgrades to it. Unfortunately, the aftermarket air filter I got doesn't do a good job and grass and dirt made its way around the filter foam. It took a piece off of my piston and trashed the cylinder. There are pieces of metal in the bottom end from I have no idea where. The connecting rod is also chewed up. I have an extra piston and a used cylinder but I don't know if it's worth it. Should I rebuild it to see if it even works or is there an engine you recommend? Thank you.

Attachments

• 20210820_160428.jpg
    20210820_160428.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210820_160714.jpg
    20210820_160714.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210820_160443.jpg
    20210820_160443.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210820_163414.jpg
    20210820_163414.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210820_162600.jpg
    20210820_162600.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Pipe down @RcJunkie13 I'm surprised your engine still runs in your 5b....the thing looks like you mow the lawn with it

@ChrisBlue233 you MUST throw that air filter out right now! Just go throw it out otherwise you'll be rebuilding another engine in no time. 1st buy a good air filter with multiple layers of protection that 99% of us here run on ours.

What's your goal and expectations of building a new engine? Are you reusing your case?

Pipe down @RcJunkie13 I'm surprised your engine still runs in your 5b....the thing looks like you mow the lawn with it

@ChrisBlue233 you MUST throw that air filter out right now! Just go throw it out otherwise you'll be rebuilding another engine in no time. 1st buy a good air filter with multiple layers of protection that 99% of us here run on ours.

What's your goal and expectations of building a new engine? Are you reusing your case?
I am going to reuse the bottom end. I am not reusing the cylinder as it's pitted and missing some chunks. I have an new piston and another cylinder in decent shape. I have no idea if the bottom end is destroyed. The con rod looks rough though.

Depending what parts your gonna need, a long block would be the way to go
I am going to reuse the bottom end. I am not reusing the cylinder as it's pitted and missing some chunks. I have an new piston and another cylinder in decent shape. I have no idea if the bottom end is destroyed. The con rod looks rough though.
Of the rod looks rough just trash it. No point in ruining another engine here mate

I got my air filter off king motors. I have another lightened piston but I'm just wondering if I should buy another motor already assembled or if I should do some upgrades like a long block. The motor I have now is a CY 30cc

I'm using an exceed barca. I know it's cheap but it was a gift. I've upgrade a lot of the plastic parts to aluminum and I flipped it, crashed it into a tree, and hit a curb and it has yet to break. The only unreliable thing so far has been the engine I've already rebuilt once.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks