Sloppy DGI Racing Wheel Extenders for HPI Baja 5B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neeper

Has anyone else experienced the front DGI wheel extenders having lots of slop? I just recently bought them and immediately after installing them I noticed the slop. I put back the stock HPI hub on the other side and they have no slop at all. I compared the section that fits inside the bearing, the stock is 11.9mm and and the DGI Racing ones are 11.7mm.

Last edited:
Has anyone else experience the front DGI wheel extenders having lots of slop? I just recently bought them and immediately after installing them I noticed the slop. I put back the stock HPI hubs on the other side and they have no slop. I compared the section that fits inside the bearing, the stock is 11.9mm and and the DGI Racing ones are 11.7mm.
Well that's definitely your problem. I don't have them but honestly Im not surprised, clone stuff (not to sound like a d!ckhead lol)

Darn, I didn't know DGI Racing is clone crap because DDM carries it. I hate buying chinese/clone knockoffs, it was a tossup between DarkSoul or DGI and I didn't choose wisely :(

I've emailed DGI Racing four times already in the past two weeks and nobody is replying. Plus, they don't even have a phone contact number either. I thought it was a bad batch in machining and they'd send me another set.

What wheel extenders do you guys recommend, DarkSoul, Vertigo, etc?

Last edited:
Darn, I didn't know DGI Racing is clone crap because DDM carries it. I hate buying chinese/clone knockoffs, it was a tossup between DarkSoul or DGI and I didn't choose wisely :(

I've emailed DGI Racing four times already in the past two weeks and nobody is replying. Plus, they don't even have a phone contact number either. I thought it was a bad batch in machining.

What wheel extenders do you guys recommend, DarkSoul, Vertigo, etc?
Darksoul, vertigo either is fine.

I just found a number for them from my paypal account, 1-855-280-7020. But it's no longer in service

Hallelujah I just opened a resolution case today with Paypal and DGI responded immediately. So sad... they couldn't respond to any of my emails which I've sent over the last month trying to resolve the problem.

Definitely DO NOT buy DGI Racing parts, not only do they make crappy parts they are MIA to deal with, total waste of time!

Last edited:
I don't use wheel extenders on none of my stuff for the fear of destroying wheel hubs & bearings ,it causes a strain!

Has anyone else experienced the front DGI wheel extenders having lots of slop? I just recently bought them and immediately after installing them I noticed the slop. I put back the stock HPI hub on the other side and they have no slop at all. I compared the section that fits inside the bearing, the stock is 11.9mm and and the DGI Racing ones are 11.7mm.

There is a video on Youtube by Fast Eddy that shows installation of the DGI spacers. He recommends using Shims . I installed the DGI 1 inch spaces and ended up buying the shims and installing them and got rid of the slop.

Shims won't help as the part I circled is 11.7mm diameter which is loose inside the bearing and extended hub part.

AnubisBC, do you run the DarkSoul extenders in the front and rear?

Attachments

• Inkedhub7__74832.1389822044.1280.1280_LI.jpg
    Inkedhub7__74832.1389822044.1280.1280_LI.jpg
    857.8 KB · Views: 6
Never tried those, Rovans seem pretty good. Having slop up there would be no fun!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks