So as I impatiently wait .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So update time . In one of the pics above I mounted the rudder on the Right side of the transom . Did a lot of reading and decided it was better to mount it on the left. So off it came and then I had to do some fiberglassing to fill the holes that I had drilled in the transom. So today I re-mounted the rudder and mounted the strut and water inlets . Last week I mounted the turn fin. on the right sponson. Actually making some progress . Although its time to slow up a bit. I need to put together all the wings and then mount them before I can mount the engine and drill and cut the hole for the stuffing tube and drive shaft. I have to figure out where the center of gravity is in the boat with everything in place and use the batteries to balance it.IMG_20200517_145622.jpgIMG_20200517_145641.jpg

So update time . In one of the pics above I mounted the rudder on the Right side of the transom . Did a lot of reading and decided it was better to mount it on the left. So off it came and then I had to do some fiberglassing to fill the holes that I had drilled in the transom. So today I re-mounted the rudder and mounted the strut and water inlets . Last week I mounted the turn fin. on the right sponson. Actually making some progress . Although its time to slow up a bit. I need to put together all the wings and then mount them before I can mount the engine and drill and cut the hole for the stuffing tube and drive shaft. I have to figure out where the center of gravity is in the boat with everything in place and use the batteries to balance it.View attachment 58860View attachment 58861
Now thats a project. Looking good Coop??

You gonna play with the battery placement before making them permanent? Idk how it goes in scale, but we ran most the weight in the back of race boats.

Yup I'll be playing a round a bit figuring out the center of gavity front to back. The CG as I understand from reading should be about 1.5 to 2 inches behind the turn fin attached to the right sponson.

So mounted the little winglets today. Not sure what they are really called so I'll go with winglets. What a pain in the arse they are. They go around a 3/8" carbon rod and the holes aren't in them to mount them . So you need to drill and file them and they still don't fit well. I have Fiberglass filled bondo. It's going to be my friend on the project. I've got some gaps to fill. The leading edge of the left side winglet is the worst of the two. There is just over a 1/16" gap that I'm going to need to fill along with the other seams.

Next up will be the Front Canard/Wing. Which is adjustable So after I put the wing together I'll need to drill and tap the sponsons to mount it.

IMG_20200607_184951.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks