So I bought a 30 Degree North Buggy (Roller)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you upgraded the cups and the dogbones because they are made out of a very soft metal.

Hey guys so I have always wanted a Losi 5ive-B and have looked very hard for over a year and a half, somewhere between that time I came across a car called the 30 Degree North Buggy 30DNB is how it is referred to. Unfortunately they were only available overseas and proved to be just as hard to get ahold of. Well. I came across one for sale on Ebay, I placed a bid and the seller messaged me that I can get it much cheaper direct from their website kingmotorrc.com and omg they just took delivery of shipment of them.

Furthermore they had a black Friday sale going on and so I was able to get it ordered to my door for about $600 for the roller its about 1k for the rtr but comes with stuff id toss to the side anyway.

Anyway there isn't much information floating around on this car so I figured I'd bit the bullet and contribute to the community. Hopefully this brings attention to the car and get people excited about a "new" gas buggy. From what I can tell much of the car shares parts with the 5ive-b but imo looks much better and they have sorted some of the overheating issues. I'm still waiting on the package, it arrives next week sometime. This is great cause it give me time to figure out how to hide it from my wife hahaha.

I'll post up some generic pics I found online until mine arrives.

Btw I did speak to Sean with OBR today about getting a motor and custom pipe for it. So that will be coming soon as wthwy

Hey guys so I have always wanted a Losi 5ive-B and have looked very hard for over a year and a half, somewhere between that time I came across a car called the 30 Degree North Buggy 30DNB is how it is referred to. Unfortunately they were only available overseas and proved to be just as hard to get ahold of. Well. I came across one for sale on Ebay, I placed a bid and the seller messaged me that I can get it much cheaper direct from their website kingmotorrc.com and omg they just took delivery of shipment of them.

Furthermore they had a black Friday sale going on and so I was able to get it ordered to my door for about $600 for the roller its about 1k for the rtr but comes with stuff id toss to the side anyway.

Anyway there isn't much information floating around on this car so I figured I'd bit the bullet and contribute to the community. Hopefully this brings attention to the car and get people excited about a "new" gas buggy. From what I can tell much of the car shares parts with the 5ive-b but imo looks much better and they have sorted some of the overheating issues. I'm still waiting on the package, it arrives next week sometime. This is great cause it give me time to figure out how to hide it from my wife hahaha.

I'll post up some generic pics I found online until mine arrives.

Btw I did speak to Sean with OBR today about getting a motor and custom pipe for it. So that will be coming soon as well.
Garbage company it's the same douchebags that own ROFUN. I suppose it's a roller but the steering is terrible and it's garbage built.

@Dunc2504
I love the build, but I have a question....
Do you have access or know where I can get access to a manual? I just got a roller and it has user instructions, but no manual on how to replace/fix parts.

So here is my New scz engine for my buggy. Aso got the VRC Nautilus pipe to fit and WT 1242 carb, I may fir the DDM piston as it has transfer port windows that the stock scz piston does not. I have 0.3mm carbon reed petal material from Malossi to try. Still waiting for my clutch and holder to arrive , allong with the FID easy starter.
Have carbon fiber material and laminating epoxy on the way , so I can mould a cut down engine protector for the car. I am making seperate throttle servo mount for more direct rod path and new brake servo mount to replace the plastic mount , so busy on the car for a while.

foref.jpg

scz.jpg

scz2.jpg

scz3.jpg

scz4.jpg

pipe.jpg

pipe10.jpg

fil.jpg

kdkkdsekias.jpg

carb1.jpg

pliedbn.jpg

pi1.jpg

So here is my New scz engine for my buggy. Aso got the VRC Nautilus pipe to fit and WT 1242 carb, I may fir the DDM piston as it has transfer port windows that the stock scz piston does not. I have 0.3mm carbon reed petal material from Malossi to try. Still waiting for my clutch and holder to arrive , allong with the FID easy starter.
Have carbon fiber material and laminating epoxy on the way , so I can mould a cut down engine protector for the car. I am making seperate throttle servo mount for more direct rod path and new brake servo mount to replace the plastic mount , so busy on the car for a while.

View attachment 92137

View attachment 92138

View attachment 92139

View attachment 92140

View attachment 92141

View attachment 92142

View attachment 92143

View attachment 92144

View attachment 92145

View attachment 92146

View attachment 92147

View attachment 92148
Holy CRAP"! Look at that thing

Currently working on mould for the engine protector which I will mould in carbon fiber. Made up the Malossi carbon reeds ready for fitting. clutch and pullstarter are now fitted, will get some pictures up soon.
Fitting the new piston with cut out port windows soon as well. Changing coil lead for high spec one and fitting lead for remote engine cut out and pick up for RPM logger .

Got the reed petals into the engine , fitted the clutch and holder , fitted the easy starter . Made up a mould for the engine protector . Next up is to remove the head and cylinder and fit the ESP window piston

iuy.jpg

ffddser.jpg

jjjfd.jpg

jjhdcdd.jpg

kkjhgf.jpg

djdjjs.jpg

lknjh.jpg

sllsls.jpg

Attachments

• lkjjhgddsa.jpg
    lkjjhgddsa.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks