So should I install the 990 carb

Add the 990 CARB OR STAY WITH THE 1107

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any type of combustion engine is simply an "air pump" Air in / air out. Adding performance is not as simple as swapping a carb and expecting to observe a noticeable gain. When you let more air in, it doesn't mean that extra air can be let out. Bigger carbs can many time hurt your overall performance vs smaller carbs, The general rule of thumb is bigger venturi = top end hp at the cost of slower throttle response , and smaller venturis = less peak hp and quicker throttle response. Many of you guys are so wrapped up in " max hp" but you need to understand that 90% of the time your engine is either accelerating to peak rpm's or decelerating. The actual time spent at peak rpm's is minimal. Tune your engine and chassis gearing for crisp midrange torque and you will be smiling. There comes a point where you are just wasting money attempting to squeeze out a tad bit more hp performance. Just buy a bigger stroker engine or one that's been built by a reputable performance shop.

Last edited:
Any type of combustion engine is simply an "air pump" Air in / air out. Adding performance is not as simple as swapping a carb and expecting to observe a noticeable gain. When you let more air in, it doesn't mean that extra air can be let out. Bigger carbs can many time hurt your overall permanence vs smaller carbs, The general rule of thumb is bigger venturi = top end hp at the cost of slower throttle response , and smaller venturis = less peak hp and quicker throttle response. Many of you guys are so wrapped up in " max hp" but you need to understand that 90% of the time your engine is either accelerating to peak rpm's or decelerating. The actual time spent at peak rpm's is minimal. Tune your engine and chassis gearing for crisp midrange torque and you will be smiling. There comes a point where you are just wasting money attempting to squeeze out a tad bit more hp performance. Just buy a bigger stroker engine or one that's been built by a reputable performance shop.

Who you lecturing Polar ?:confused::ROFLMAO:

Well so much for running the buggy today. Everything went tits up. Took the buggy to the construction site . Fueled it up and turned everything on . Connected the drill, tried to spin it up and nothing. 1 I forgot to untape the end of the olimat . Which I'm pretty sure wouldn't let the engine start .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: And 2 Seems the 1 way bearing on the drill starter crapped its self and the adapter jammed in it . WTF. So packed everything back up and into the Camaro it all went .

Side Note. The 5b with a Chase cage doesn't fit threw the trunk opening. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Not an easy thing putting a 30lbs buggy in the backseat of a Camaro.

So got back home and pulled the Drill starter off and dug out the OBR pull start and put that on the engine. Figured what the hell might as well make sure that I can fire the OBR up with the 990 on it . 3RD pull it fired right up and promptly died. That's ok increased the idle screw and she fired right up and stayed running.

Oh and I did roost a bunch of dirt onto myself. Just with a blip of the throttle it tore up the ground for a foot and through the dirt up on me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Saddly it's raining out now so probably Tuesday now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks