So this happened...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnubisBC

The Professor ?‍?
Build Thread Contributor
I'm getting the feeling that the universe wants to see another OBR full mod explode.

First, my carb went all bibbledee and ran super lean a few weeks ago. I got lucky and caught it before anything detonated. Gave it a good clean out and everything has been working just fine since.

Had a couple really nice runs after that and she's making insane power. I went for a run today (video soon) and after about 25 minutes into my run, the motor starts acting starved again. So I pulled her in close and the primer bulb is empty. I killed the engine and checked the gas tank. Still had about 1/4 tank of fuel.

I hit the primer bulb a couple times and hear a hiss coming from the exhaust side. I don't know how it happened, but my fuel return line got all kinds of cozy with the exhaust pipe.

melty.jpg

There was enough line for me to fix it without buying more, but I'm still impressed that this happened. I've been running this setup for a minute now and never thought of this situation as a possible risk.

So yeah, shite happens...

I'm getting the feeling that the universe wants to see another OBR full mod explode.

First, my carb went all bibbledee and ran super lean a few weeks ago. I got lucky and caught it before anything detonated. Gave it a good clean out and everything has been working just fine since.

Had a couple really nice runs after that and she's making insane power. I went for a run today (video soon) and after about 25 minutes into my run, the motor starts acting starved again. So I pulled her in close and the primer bulb is empty. I killed the engine and checked the gas tank. Still had about 1/4 tank of fuel.

I hit the primer bulb a couple times and hear a hiss coming from the exhaust side. I don't know how it happened, but my fuel return line got all kinds of cozy with the exhaust pipe.

View attachment 58818

There was enough line for me to fix it without buying more, but I'm still impressed that this happened. I've been running this setup for a minute now and never thought of this situation as a possible risk.

So yeah, shite happens...

That line looks old an discolored ,your buggy was just trying to tell you to replace all of your fuel line!.... :giggle:

Dude,that looks like the first stage of the Taco CovidZee Virus!
Luckily it Looks like it was a false positive,since you saved it.
Just to be sure to follow my previous posted cure for the Taco CovidZee Virus.
You should make a full recovery.
If you start feeling the need to talk about male butts,that's a early sign of what could follow!.
We must fight this insidious virus at All costs.???

Curse of the baja continues??

The only issues I've had of late were pull starters shitting the bed on me. I'm actually pretty happy with how she's been running.

That line looks old an discolored ,your buggy was just trying to tell you to replace all of your fuel line!....

It's been like that forever, but yeah I'ma hit the store tomorrow and just do a full refresh. (y)

Wow ?? I'm concerned of this happening to me, as I have the same pipe.

I would normally say you shouldn't need to be too worried about it, but given your run of luck, a little extra diligence is probably not a bad thing. :ROFLMAO: (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks