So what's these km Baja's like then boys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To put it simple if you can afford a name brand rig do it. And if you can't and can only afford a clone rig don't do it because by the time your done getting the clone to be as good as a stock name brand rig you'll have an upgraded pile of poop
Or as I have done. Essentially replaced the entire RC where there might be like 1 or 2 rovan parts left over. Does screws count?

They can be a bit hit and miss. If you're lucky and get a good one, they are quite reliable. I was lucky and my Rovan is almost stock and it's very reliable. But if you don't get a good one, they can be very frustrating. Also if you're planning on racing your Baja I would go for the HPI as the Rovan has a lot of slop in it's steering and suspension so if you go for the Rovan you'll want to put metal rear shock towers on and heat shrink over all the pivot balls.
Are they eny good ?

Although this question has been asked to death, I feel like the majority of responses are from HPI fanboys and not from people who have actually owned KM or Rovan. As someone who has owned both KM and HPI, I can tell you there are very little differences between them. The original HPI wasn't the greatest to begin with. I've had the KM Baja and HPI Baja. I actually found certain KM parts to be more durable than HPI's. They both break in the same areas. Both trucks stock brake setups suck, both eventually snap dog bone pins, both have really flimsy steering rods, both have crappy fuel line gaskets for the fuel tank. The HPI's ball links have slightly less play in them, but aside from that, I haven't found any difference in durability on the plastics. I've flipped my Baja, crashed it into walls, cartwheeled them. If I had to buy it again, I would get a KM with upgraded aluminum hubs and RPM arms. That's all you need. Upgrade as necessary. I would ditch the stock brake setup and get something better, HPI or KM. I'm running on a triple pad dual rotor setup with carbon pads, locks up the rear wheels easily.

General consensus of most people are that if it's made, designed or cloned in China, it must be sh*t. That was true maybe a decade or 2 ago, not so much anymore. More than half my RC cars are Chinese designed and made. I have lots of HSP/Redcat, BSR, FTX/VRX, Ofna stuff and I bash the hell out of them and they take a beating. Lots of countries start off cloning things. Once they gain the knowledge to make and design their own stuff, they no longer make clones like much of the Chinese RC cars out there now. Chinese car companies buy out loads of smaller US/UK owned companies to gain their patients and designs. If you can keep your prejudices aside, I recommend buying the KM's if you really want a Baja.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks