some forums suck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's really funny how so many people babble on about HPI versus the clones till they end up having their little girlie fits and hating each other.......
WHO GIVES A SHITE........

Grow up and act your age ya bunch of babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BREAKING NEWS--
AS THE CLONE DEBATE HEATS UP, SOME PEOPLE BEGIN TO CRACK UNDER THE PRESSURE AN THE INVETIBLE HAPPENS, WE HAVE SOME SECRET FOOTAGE OF THE ENDING RESULT, VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

STAY TUNED FOR MORE SHOCKING REVALATIONS WITHIN THE CLONE WORLD

back you Mr Chris P Bacon

thanks I P Freely, in other news...

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's really funny how so many people babble on about HPI versus the clones till they end up having their little girlie fits and hating each other.......
WHO GIVES A SHITE........

Grow up and act your age ya bunch of babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not me cos ive got a marder and a beetle :w00t::lol::lol::badair:

No matter what make of car you have (with the possible exception of RS5) most of them are copies of each other anyway. Most cars are vague copies of FG or MCD and the HPI Baja is just another generation of the same thing. People copy things all day long be it in car design or a guitar riff from a song, there are very few NEW innovations out there these days so as Rossco says, put your teddies back in the pram and play nice with your toy cars.

No matter what make of car you have (with the possible exception of RS5) most of them are copies of each other anyway. Most cars are vague copies of FG or MCD and the HPI Baja is just another generation of the same thing. People copy things all day long be it in car design or a guitar riff from a song, there are very few NEW innovations out there these days so as Rossco says, put your teddies back in the pram and play nice with your toy cars.

yeah only hpi copied a turd :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: (i can say this because my hpi has been a turd ):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The thing that absolutely KILLS me is that this thread was started to sling poop at other forums. When that didn't go very well, his buddy from HIS forum and home town area brings up the Maverick, which as most of the people in the know already know IS NOT A CLONE.

Lordraptor! has an agenda, he thinks HPI screwed him. We have seen this from the beginning of large scale cars. People are used to running an 1/8 scale MT or buggy, they think these big 30lb cars can take the same abuse. Raptor also assembled his kit himself. My theory is this is where the problem lies. We have all broken our cars from time to time. I have owned cars from FS, Smartech ad Redcat, along with HPI and FG. My experience with the Smartech and the FS is that they are both lower quality vehicles. That being said both cars can be made into fun reliable cars.

My offer to Lordraptor1 stands, bring your car to Power Jam, and we will get you sorted out.If not, please for the sake of the rest of us. Give it up.

The thing that absolutely KILLS me is that this thread was started to sling poop at other forums. When that didn't go very well, his buddy from HIS forum and home town area brings up the Maverick, which as most of the people in the know already know IS NOT A CLONE.

Lordraptor! has an agenda, he thinks HPI screwed him. Raptor also assembled his kit himself. My theory is this is where the problem lies.

My offer to Lordraptor1 stands, bring your car to Power Jam, and we will get you sorted out.If not, please for the sake of the rest of us. Give it up.

+1

---

highway star theres 2k of aftermarket parts & its held together with blu tac & pva glue by the sounds of it? you sure you want to embark on this ideA?

If he spent 1 billionth the time actually fixing his baja instead of spamming every single forum post on several forums as well as fast eddy videos on youtube and HPI's wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php..._International&diff=433437318&oldid=425341841 perhaps he would find that if he actually asked a question instead of doing all of this he might get some help.

But then again the billions of his posts speak for themselves.
Amazing simply amazing.

I've seen people with an arm cut off complain less than this guy.

Again it's like a slow motion train wreck lots of sqealing and eminent failure surely to follow.

Wow that was a waist of my time to read this thread...Hey highway I will donate what ever parts he needs to shut him up also:mad:

if you idiots flaming me had an actual clue you would be dangerous, i have said repeatedly that i got a turd you think hpi has great quality because you didnt which if you got what i did you would be going off as well.

one thing NONE of you have ever bothered commenting on is when i said "ALL COMPANIES HAVE A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF FAILURES THAT SLIP THROUGH QC" which if you took the time to ask anyone with a brain they would tell you this is a FACT, NO company checks 100% of the product coming off of the line including hpi in fact they check 1 out of probably 500 and if that one passes they are all good and until tehy check one and it be bad they will not do anything. i myself HAVE WORKED in teh manufacturing field making tools and i can tell you we checked 1 part out of 5000 and on a couple of occasions ended up having to redo an entire run because of checking a part and finding it bad and then having to go back until we found where teh problem started. so until you learn how to use your brain don't bother commentign as you are wasting your time talking abotu things you don't have a clue about.

as far as the offer of assistance it is much appreciated however i think i have finally replaced all of the turd parts already and i see no need to hang around with people that cannot grasp simple concepts like acceptable % of failure (what we called it in the tool plant), nor be near persons that give forums a bad name and hide behind a computer screen to talk trash.

you got a good baja im glad for you but until you end up with one that you bought new and run into similar issues as i have you will NEVER understand where i am coming from, i have talked to the guys at my local hobby shop a lot lately and they themselves agree that i might have got one that slipped through QC but of course none of you will ever know about the low % of failures as you find it more entertaining to bash on those of us that do get one of teh turds. last product i got that was an absolute turd though (before the baja) was a computer motherboard and at least they admitted that it was possible to get a failure unlike hpi that is more concerned about hiding something like this from teh public because they are afraid it will cost them sales well by them not admitting it or offering to send a box for me to ship them my baja so they could evaluate it show me a lot, in fact it wasnt until i had already replaced all of these parts that hpi was willing to have me send it to them but by then it was to late.

I can see one part of lesser quality slipping through or even getting left out. But everything you have stated ending up in one box? Come on now, even the lowest of the low quality cars did better than that. You have complained about HPI's customer service, yet you admit they have sent you no less than 7 different items (including TIRES that YOU wore out WTH?). That sounds like pretty good service to me. I have dealt with HPI's CS a couple times, once due to a peeling 5t body and a servo issue. Both times they stepped up and took care of me no questions asked.

I have seen several Bajas in stock and near stock condition take a real beating. I do not work for any companies nor have I ever, but I do live very close to a major large scale distributor. I have been around the baja since the beginning. There are a bunch of guys with large scale cars in this area.

When I build a baja now do I leave it stock? Hell no. But I upgrade in an order too. I start with drivetrain, suspension, brakes then pipe and motor. Every time you upgrade something you are usually putting more stress on down the line.Why do I do this now? Besides the fact I love to build, I know the limits of the vehicle. It doesn't matter if it was made by NueredkingquePI or anyone else. These things either need a certain amount of attention or need to be driven with some sort of care.

Flee has offered the parts I will do the labor, let's end this.

And let's face it you are the LEAST of HPI's worries, you aint even on the radar.

Last edited:
I can see one part of lesser quality slipping through or even getting left out. But everything you have stated ending up in one box? Come on now, even the lowest of the low quality cars did better than that. You have complained about HPI's customer service, yet you admit they have sent you no less than 7 different items (including TIRES that YOU wore out WTH?). That sounds like pretty good service to me. I have dealt with HPI's CS a couple times, once due to a peeling 5t body and a servo issue. Both times they stepped up and took care of me no questions asked.

I have seen several Bajas in stock and near stock condition take a real beating. I do not work for any companies nor have I ever, but I do live very close to a major large scale distributor. I have been around the baja since the beginning. There are a bunch of guys with large scale cars in this area.

When I build a baja now do I leave it stock? Hell no. But I upgrade in an order too. I start with drivetrain, suspension, brakes then pipe and motor. Every time you upgrade something you are usually putting more stress on down the line.Why do I do this now? Besides the fact I love to build, I know the limits of the vehicle. It doesn't matter if it was made by NueredkingquePI or anyone else. These things either need a certain amount of attention or need to be driven with some sort of care.

Flee has offered the parts I will do the labor, let's end this.

And let's face it you are the LEAST of HPI's worries, you aint even on the radar.

well i see your point but consider this, care beign taken are you serious? if you need to take care in how you run it then it is obviously not high quality and also on teh note of care running circles at low spped in the front yard or running it on a football field that is hard packed dirt at low speeds is NOT abusing it. hpi replaced the tires with a harder compound after they went bald on teh football field which is where i was doing teh engine break-in at.

i ran it for a bit yesterday after fixing teh engine issues and built myself a 4600 MAh rx pack today which is currently charging, i will take it out tomorrow for a run and see what happens, however i will NOT be jumping it until i know it will run on flat unobstructed ground and yes i do plan to put the hammer down on it (thats WOT by the way). i do plan on replacing the clutch setup but when i replaced the factory installed one i made sure it didnt bind any like the factory installed one did and also made sure the clutch wasnt rubbing teh bell at all on idle.

i like the fact that so many got a baja that was good off the bat but until you personally experience an issue like this you will not really grasp the full aspect of it.

after i run the baja tomorrow i will let you know how it goes and hopefully i have already got teh kinks worked out of it which i think i might have finally done with the exception of the hpi tires.

while you are here what is teh general consensus of teh proline baja tires? i could get a matched set of front and rears but i was looking more at teh hostile nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks