Some of my FG Models (Mercedes C-291, 190E EVO, Porsche)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took everyone's great advice and threw it out the window. :rolleyes: Ordered the Vekta .5 ARTR from DDM.

From everyone's feedback and what I've read in reviews etc, both the Losi DBXL and 5T are both great choices. The 5t seems like the 5th scale gas offroad standard. With that said, it seems more at home on a groomed track with jumps etc. Has very little clearance (I think only 2") where the DBXL is over 3", the Vetkta close to 4". As I'm not tracking or jumping, just bashing in low ot medium-high grass and rough payment, for me the DBXL and Vetka seemed to be the best choice.

As for the reports of the Vetkta unreliability. I've owned VW, Audi, and BMWs all my life so I'm used to it. ;) In all seriousness, most of the issues I've read about the Vetkta were caused by high output engines, larger tires with one steering servo, jumping etc. With that said I'm sure I'll experience some issue with it as I do with all my RCs, however, I'm pretty easy on my equipment.

I went with a mild ESP Zenoah 34cc. DDM had a daily deal on it over the weekend for 330- with discount code: http://www.davesmotors.com/ESP-Modified-Zenoah-G40RC-Engine-Complete-HPI-Baja-Losi-5ive-DBXL.html

I was tempted to get a Full mod 32cc from OBR but I think it would too much for the Vetkta's drivetrain in stock form. I'll create a new thread in the Vetra section once it arrives. Most likely will add upgrades to it throughout the winter.

Thanks again for everyone's input and recommendations. (y)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks