Spark Plug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On that note then, will leave it alone, I'm happy with the tune, it doesn't cackle on full throttle. I was tuning until the cackle then back 16th of a turn on both engines. On the low needle I set it so that it responds quickly and cleanly to thottle servo from idle. Hopefully this is right.
It will not. Go back and read Seand's post #11. It speaks facts about oil ratio and plug fouling. Trying to lessen your oil content percentage in an attempt to "lean" your engine running condition is going about it wrong. Stick with whatever oil ration you prefer and tune your carb for best acceleration behaviors. I don't like suggesting "plug color" as i said its not the best way to accurately verify a tune, but if your plug insulator is a dark brown, and you don't hear any high rpm "crackle" (too lean), you have a decent tune for your average rpm operation. The "plug chop" test is the most accurrate method for verifying your peak and "loaded" engine rpm tune.
I was going to lessen the oil ratio to reduce the foul on the plug. Obviously still tune the carb appropriately, but I run 25:1 and see all over that people think that's too much oil, so was gonna try 32:1 or what ever is the next mark on my mixing bottle.

On that note then, will leave it alone, I'm happy with the tune, it doesn't cackle on full throttle. I was tuning until the cackle then back 16th of a turn on both engines. On the low needle I set it so that it responds quickly and cleanly to thottle servo from idle. Hopefully this is right.

I was going to lessen the oil ratio to reduce the foul on the plug. Obviously still tune the carb appropriately, but I run 25:1 and see all over that people think that's too much oil, so was gonna try 32:1 or what ever is the next mark on my mixing bottle.
I started this thread a few years ago. It generated a lot of excellent feedback and experiences on oil ratios. Read it till your eyes bleed, try not to fall asleep, and when you have a good understanding of all the pros and cons of premix ratios, make your final decision on what is your comfort level .

https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/going-to-experiment-with-vp-premixed-fuel.24379/

A fouled plug can be cleaned and reused. It's a sign the the oil is too rich or poor quality oil. I run AMsoil and 32:1 mix with a oil additive and now my plugs are clean and my engines starts evert time on 2 pulls of choke.

A fouled plug can be cleaned and reused. It's a sign the the oil is too rich or poor quality oil. I run AMsoil and 32:1 mix with a oil additive and now my plugs are clean and my engines starts evert time on 2 pulls of choke.

I use Castrol Power 1 oil at 25:1, I am going to change the ratio to either 28:1 or 32:1 next time out.

Once. Plug has been fouled, it will never preform the same as new. No two engines run the same so oil content in fuel should be monitored as a case by case issue.

Television Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

😆😆😆

You clean your plugs, and the work. They don't work right, and will foul again, faster then the first time. That's a fact jr. Now be a good lad, and take your snake oil sales pitch somewhere else.
No they don't foul faster and faster. The cheap oil fouls out the plug. Switch to a quality oil and the problem will go away. I was told by a NGK rep what to do if plugs are fouling out. Throwing the plug away is stupid when the plug isn't the problem. I don't have problems any more now that I use quality oil.

yeah I mean I have fouled out my plugs in a single run while running rich with dominator.....
Guess klotz is garbage as well? Plugs foul, it's just part of the game. Can't honestly remember the last time I had a plug foul, but it does happen. And I don't bother to clean them anymore. Like I said previously fouling plugs is a tuning issue. But hey I'm just a dumb arse.

No they don't foul faster and faster. A guy who doesn't know how to tune and has pig rich carb settings fouls out the plug. Switch to a quality oil and the problem will go away. I was told by a NGK rep what to do if plugs are fouling out. Throwing the plug away is stupid when the plug isn't the problem. I don't have problems any more now that I use quality oil.
Fixed it for ya' to ensure correctness.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks