spents hpi baja bitsa 45 build,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spents

Uncle Fester👻
PLUS member
lmao, soooooooo i was just gonna use a static chassis so i could run the rovan 45 i got,
then mess around with said engine and see what happens etc,
then it would go into a new one off build, but as parts are out of stock for what i need, and looks like early next year before i can get what i want/need fully,
but, today i had a mad moment and decided to build a baja up from my spare parts cupboard,
then run the 45 and see what happens properly under load and general bash conditions, then have a go at minor porting, blow it up, rebuild it and so on:ROFLMAO:,
then transfer the 45 to new build as and when, unless its total wank that is :D,
spent the afternoon looking through parts and came up with this little lot on the bench (y),

list goes ssommat like this,
i-rc chassis and chassis brace plate and engine plate, i-rc pin braces plus a few more i-rc parts,
i-rc big bores that need a strip and clean and reoil,
hpi plastics, bulkheads etc,
hpi diff with stock cups but fitted with toobz, ran these for 40 plus tanks with the twin and hardly any wear,
ddm heavy duty diff/gearbox gears,
t/r gearbox,
t/r tranny plate/brake mount and front y plate,
t/r tower doodads,
kraken x2e a arms,
kraken extended bones and steering links/arms,
wheels and tires will be whatever i have , but probably stock buster fronts and viper rears on super stars,
super bee kill switch,,
stock hpi metal gear steering servo,
only thing i'm missing is a throttle servo and decent horn, oh and a battery but that aint the end of the world, soon sort those,
loads of other stuff as in the pics, things may change here and there as i put it together yet,
gonna build this as a truck and use either my kraken tsk1 cage or my team chase cage,
as for a pipe, i cant use the boosterpipe i got with the engine, thats a vekta pipe and will be used with the new build at a later date,
so i have a couple of options, one of the jetpro pipes that were on the twin when in a baja,
or i do have an fg ddm dominator that may actually work in a weird sort of way, i'll find that out as the build goes on (y),
edit; almost forgot, titanium spur carrier with blackbone spur, plus modded hpi alloy bell carrier with vertigo 12mm hex bell and pinion,
edit again; gh alloy front hubs and hostile 2 degree rear hubs,

Sound like a complete car bud??
yeh it was a complete car doug, it was the baja that used to have the twin in it (y) ,
i stripped it for storage when i swapped the twin into the hammer,
almost the same as it was just less some bonehead carbon cos used that on the blue rail :D,
would like to get some more carbon bits off dean, but don't wanna spend too much on it as its really just gonna be a test bed baja, he says :ROFLMAO:

Its finding all the little odds and sods cage mounts .... bell crank pins ect that can be a feking PITA to find??
lmao doug, yep :ROFLMAO: , just found that out today mate, was out there till 6;30pm and its cold here today :D,
i have a crapload of spares and they are fairly well packed and labelled in a cupboard in the workshop,
but still takes ages to find the smaller stuff,
also have a set of rcr brakes that will go on as well (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks