Spyder competition paper filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No reason why it wouldnt work just fine. We use paper filters in our vehicles every day, and rain doesn't ruin them.
Negative on that. I had the uni,redneck dual filtration and a outer wears and dust still got in
I think that was the filter oil you were using wasnt proper for the filter, but theres 0 harm in trying out the paper filter.

@crucialRC that filter seems to do a fine job then if thats the case. Im curious how to run a redneck on it. Would I oil the redneck? I just wouldn't want the oil pulling onto the paper element and ruining it

I just read that I must SATURATE the filter and squeeze out excess...yea i wasn't doing that I was treating it like paint and getting even coverage..and pj1 does tack up well once out of the can

If your going to use a paper air filter it has to be in dry conditions or be made from a Hydrophobic material. Also you need to know what micron it filters down too and its characteristics when it starts to block. A membrane/paper filter will clog a lot quicker than a foam filter because it will have considerably less surface area.
I happen to work in the filtration business, I fix the machines that make filters.

I would stick with a foam filter, triple layered if you can.

We'd like to thank the forum members that have reached out to our engineers with product questions.

Spyder high performance RC air filters utilize a highly advanced, fully synthetic, nanofiber media design that offers outstanding engine protection as well as a very high level of permeability/airflow. We do not manufacture paper air filters.

Our filters can be washed at any point in time by soaking in a mild solution of a biodegradable cleaner such as Simple Green. You can let them soak as long as you like. Just rinse thoroughly and allow to dry for a day or two.

Normal maintenance only requires you to blow the accumulated dust off the filter from inside-out and the filter is ready to go, over and over again.

This advanced media does not wear out. It has much higher efficiency/engine protection than any oiled filter product and can stop and hold particles as small as .1 micron. The filters also offer high dust holding capability based on the media area and loft of the fiber structure. When un-pleated, there is a lot of filter media used in these applications! Never oil it!

A pre-filter isn't required for high dust environments as the pores in those products are approximately 125 microns in size. They can help in muddy scenarios by keeping the large or wet debris out of the filter screen.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks