Steering servo issues baja 5t

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for that, I have ordered another one from a different company so see what happens.
It’s just one of those things.

I just read your whole thread.... got a couple questions ...

Have you tried using the servo while not installed ?? What does it sound like ?

I find it a little weird your having So many servo issues even after replacing the original with a brand new one .....
Maybe check the whole steering assembly make sure nothing is binding ????

Just to answer your question.

The steering free hand works normal with nothing switched on, but when I try and turn the wheels by hand when it switched on it blocked like the steering servo won’t let them move. It will turn left full but right only half. Hope this answers your questions..
It sounds normal when all pugged apart from the odd crackle which I think is normal

Hmm well from my understanding. Once the steering servo is ON, the only way to move the wheels is with the controller. It will not allow you to move them freely left or right

if you have moved the front wheels left or right while the servo was ON by hand, You most likely stripped the gears inside the servo.

A lot of servos make noise, some hum others seem to crackle a little bit as long as it’s not making really loud noises it should be fine.

Something you wanna check and double check is making sure your servo is centered properly and making sure you have your end points set right ... if any of that is off, you will have steering problems for sure.

Well It can’t be stripped it as it came like that. The points where set right as you can see in the pictures I sent.

I have another one coming so we will see, it can’t happen twice me hoping

Bruh if you sat there and moved the wheels LEFT or RIGHT by hand while the servo was ON.
YOU most likely stripped the servo gears or broke something else inside lol

The steering free hand works normal with nothing switched on, but when I try and turn the wheels by hand when it switched on. it blocked like the steering servo won’t let them move. It will turn left full but right only half.

If the servo is on and you force it to move by hand. YOU WILL FÛĆK IT UP

the only way to move a servo by hand without breaking anything is when it’s OFF.

also I didn’t see any pictures showing your end points were set properly. I believe the end points are set from the controllers menu

anywho I saw you mentioned the servo is brand new. So send it back ASAP before its
To late. And remember not to move your new servo by hand when its ON ??

Here we go with the update...

Ok new servo installed but I still have the stock battery pack 6 volt. It seem to struggle to steer when on the ground but when i lift the front wheels up no issues. Is this because there is not enough power going to the servo me hoping. So maybe I need the 7.4volt I guess?

Thoughts..

Here we go with the update...

Ok new servo installed but I still have the stock battery pack 6 volt. It seem to struggle to steer when on the ground but when i lift the front wheels up no issues. Is this because there is not enough power going to the servo me hoping. So maybe I need the 7.4volt I guess?

Thoughts..

You can tighten the servo saver some. It's probably set too soft.

Saver.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks