Stock carb leaking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heat it, let it cool and use a good T-handle on it. It will come off. If your using a normal screw driver type allen, you can't get enough torque. I use this set up and it works without issue. T handle off Amazon and the RC Max ( Taylor RC) bits....flawless combo and wont break the bank.
20211202_210003.jpg

I’ve tried cranking on it with a t-handle. If I go any more it will strip. But I’ll give it another go
Nope heated it 20 times used a Allan key attached to a creset wrench for torque and now it’s pretty much stripped. Don’t they know that drenching these bolts in lock tight is bad. All u need is just a dab not drenched. Know idea now.

Last edited:
Dude that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Slot it with a dremel and use a big flat head see if that will do it. If not drill that beast out. At least it is in an accessible location. Been in your boat. Stripped a couple alan heads and even snapped an alan head off on my rig. Pretty sure I am to a point that I have finally removed all stock screws at some point.

I'm not sure who the lock tight monkey at the factory is but yeah they went overboard on the lock tight that;s for sure.
I've stripped out a few bolts on the truck even though I use heat and I have the hardened steel drivers from DDM
That ones gonna be a bugger, I don't know if the knuckle will come off even if you drill the head of the bolt off?
And its a button head bolt to boot, cant grab it with a vise grip :(

Very frustrating. Some of these bolts really should be actual bolts with a 10mm head on them that way a good old wrench would work. Not these god awful hex bolts.
I’ll keep u guys posted. Thanks for the help.

Hey! Ya I had to drill out the top king pin bolt but the bottom one broke lose. I ordered all the parts and they should be here soon.
Merry Christmas to ya buddy!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks