straighten a plastic hub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside76

Reading the Rules!
well i took my fg out the other day and some how ended up bending the front hub witch is making the tyres slightly tilted so it doesn't allow me to drive in a straight line luckly the hub hasn't cracked witch is a releaf

Anyone got any suggestions on how to straighten it or will i need a new hub.
Will boiling it up, hold in in 2 sets of pliers and when straight run under a cold tap do the tricking :rolleyes:

I'll pull up a photo tommrow as i don't have one on the pc at the moment, it's not bent to a great deal just a couple off inch but for some reason its making my tyre bent :( witch doesn't allow me to go in a straight line, its barely controllable

Last edited:
You should be able to bend it back by heating it. Not sure the temperature from boiling it will be enough, and then the hub will most likely be degraded in terms of endurance by material fatigue anyways. I say go for a new one, they are not that expensive.

Where are you based?? In the UK you can pick up a new pair for about £24 so I would go that route. You say its bent only a couple of inch - thats a lot for a hub :scared:

Where are you based?? In the UK you can pick up a new pair for about £24 so I would go that route. You say its bent only a couple of inch - thats a lot for a hub :scared:

yeh pal im based in the UK is that 24pound for the pair, alloy/plastic? just thought it would be a waste throwing this hub away as it's still intact ill get a few pictures up later on today.
Another method some chap talk me was freeze it and the hub should form its shape back but im puzzled to see how that would work will that not crack it.. :rolleyes:

yeh pal im based in the UK is that 24pound for the pair, alloy/plastic? just thought it would be a waste throwing this hub away as it's still intact ill get a few pictures up later on today.
Another method some chap talk me was freeze it and the hub should form its shape back but im puzzled to see how that would work will that not crack it.. :rolleyes:

For a pair of plastic hubs. Keep the bent 1 as a spare.

Last edited:
Thanks alot for the link mate, if i don't get any luck with the old hub ill just fork out for the ones on roosmods seem reasonably priced :rolleyes::rolleyes:
how much are they alloy ones if you know by any chance, i have noticed the plastic hubs are very weak in all defence:(

.Ds

Ive not had any issues with FG plastic parts and find they stand up well to a good bashing! My hub broke when I had a runaway full throttle into a rock but that was the only damage. Ebay is probably your best bet for alloy parts.

Ive not had any issues with FG plastic parts and find they stand up well to a good bashing! My hub broke when I had a runaway full throttle into a rock but that was the only damage. Ebay is probably your best bet for alloy parts.

I don't know why but i just hit the side off my tyre very slightly on the curb coursing the hub to bent :(
What coursed your run away, bloody hell a rock, must off done some damage there. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :(
Cheers for the info you've been a big help :) i might just buy these seem pretty decent,.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-5-Scale-All...ntrolled_JN&hash=item3f078f2492#ht_2651wt_905

.Ds

Last edited:
Hi all, thanks again to everyone who played in the role off getting my hub sorted especially dwarfy you the man :) but after several hours fighting with the gass cooker and this bam hub i still didint manage to get it straightened :( :( so i thought fok this :p when what all you guys are saying makes much more sense, to get a new up.....so i got onto the net and ordered the pair off hubs from rossmods the plastic onces if these do mess up again i will have to go down the alloy route.
anyone know how long delivery takes, im guessing longer then normal because off Easter :( and the royal weeding witch may have something to do with it.

You could try hitting it with a scammer.
Aw feck my spellink is turribul i ment hammer :hammer::hammer:

you don't mean that weve all been had by assad again do you my god hes the man,,,,,cant wait for his side of the long story again just got to wait until he crawls out of his hidding place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks