Stuck pin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zephyr

2 Stroke’s & Titties
Build Thread Contributor
Any ideas on how I can get this pin out?

I think it’s picked a bit of something up coming though because it got this far and then stopped, it’s tight af now, tried turning it and pulling with pliers at the same time but it’s not working ?

Thinking I may have to heat the hub up to try and expand it a little, the tolerances on these hostile hubs must be pretty close ?

AE7CBE75-41D6-4225-A731-203FF6833E1D.jpeg

Tried using mole grips and tapping them but the nut and threads flew across the room ? I fear pushing it back in now will make it worse as the pliers have chewed the pin up a lot.

I’m going to try putting the pin the the chuck of my drill in the morning so I can try and spin/pull and see if it will come out.

Last resort is going to be cutting the pin down between the arms and then heating it up & trying to hammer the pin out in the vice but I hope it doesn’t come to that ?

we've all been here..☹..2min job ?turns waaannnnkkkk????????
whis u'd never started☹

Exactly haha, rather find and fix it now though than later down the line. If got some spare pins so just need to get this one out and should be good to go ?

;)

8B6356A0-9372-468F-BDFA-00F303614468.jpeg

The pins are 5.5mm, I ran a 5.5mm drill down the hub and cleared out whatever it was that was in there/any burs.

The tolerances are very tight though, it wouldn’t take a lot to jam it up again. Like I say the pins are 5.5mm and the holes can’t be much more than that, I know you don’t want any play but jeez ?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks