Super Bee issues with DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased my DBXL and Super BEE brand new and tried installing the Super Bee on the truck,The first tries starting the truck went fine everything worked as it should and the killswitch worked as it should.The problem I am having now is the killswitch with go through the start up like it should one short green flash of the led along with the beep from the siren and then a solid red for a few seconds and then continuous red flashes and beeps from the siren and it will not let me start the truck.I have worked in the automotive electronics field for years and have also worked in the wide format plotter technician fiels for a few years so I have a solid grasp of electronics and wiring.I know everything is wired up correctly and the dip switches on the Super Bee are correctly set up.Any ideas what it could be?

I am using three batteries and all three are fresh off the charger and the voltage settings have been triple checked to make sure they are correct.The transmitter and car are both turned on while trying to start it.I have contacted the guys at Killer but they keep asking me to check and make sure everything is set up correctly and if the killswitch previously worked correctly I would think I have everything set up correctly again.

Sounds like it's not getting a signal from the radio or you're turning it on and the channel set to the remote cut off is switched on. Did you bind the remote cut off to a specific channel and is that channel on a dial or switch? It's worth checking. Also, on his site there's a list of radios and recievers with setup help. Could also be the reciever.

I had something similar with mine (within a week it it was acting as if the circuit was permanently on so the engine would never fire) so made a video showing the wiring and switch setup to prove it wasn't something I'd done and he replaced it immediately.

I am looking into another kill switch at the moment.I have tried everything on his site and followed all the videos I could find online.The dip switches have been tried in every possible combination with the kill switch plugged into the aux channel and the steering channel with no luck.I am kind of disappointed because that was my most important purchase and I decided to go with a switch that most people considered the best.His customer service is really good but the switch just doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me.

didnt forget to turn the switch back on the tranmitter did you? I know it sounds simple but plenty of people have been there before.
Sounds like it's not getting a signal from the radio or you're turning it on and the channel set to the remote cut off is switched on. Did you bind the remote cut off to a specific channel and is that channel on a dial or switch? It's worth checking. Also, on his site there's a list of radios and recievers with setup help. Could also be the reciever.

I had something similar with mine (within a week it it was acting as if the circuit was permanently on so the engine would never fire) so made a video showing the wiring and switch setup to prove it wasn't something I'd done and he replaced it immediately.

@siblues read what these members recommended.
I’m almost certain this is your issue.

Also reading ur post
You mentioned you have the kill switch connected to the aux & Steering ?? Why the steering ?
I only recall connecting mine to the AUX in the Rx

Siblues, you mentioned that the power for the vehicle and transmitter were turned on. Just to be clear, if the kill switch is connected to aux channel there should be a switch for that channel on the transmitter. If you remotely killed the engine by flipping that switch, you have to flip it back to the original position to allow the engine to start. Different than the main power switch for the transmitter. Hate to see you by a new kill switch if that was the issue.

Siblues, you mentioned that the power for the vehicle and transmitter were turned on. Just to be clear, if the kill switch is connected to aux channel there should be a switch for that channel on the transmitter. If you remotely killed the engine by flipping that switch, you have to flip it back to the original position to allow the engine to start. Different than the main power switch for the transmitter. Hate to see you by a new kill switch if that was the issue.

LOL....That happens to the best of us ,I remember many times of forgetting to turn the switch on!......DOH....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks