Super's FG MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the trucks runnin sweet super like it ;)

what motor you runnin it looks really quick!

Thanks charlieboy, motor is a standard zen 260 with a DDM top end pipe.

Jeeze Supe,what the fook are ya running in that! Tell me your configuration,thats a rocket!
J.

Thanks voo, what do you need to now mate?

"like filming a little black dot" LOL a dot that's doing mach 1

Thanks pipeous, camera is just a still camera really with no zoom when filming.

Well voo, its just the standard zen 260 with a DDM top end pipe, 32/1 oil mix and tuned, diff is an addjustable LSD and addjusted so it slips a bit and dos'nt lock, gears are same as marder...16 lay 48 diff 46 spur and 18 pinion, i have also got the K&N filter plus TGN ...hope this helps....

Im sure ive got it all down in my thread mate, have a look through as it all started life as a plastic MT..:)

Well voo, its just the standard zen 260 with a DDM top end pipe, 32/1 oil mix and tuned, diff is an addjustable LSD and addjusted so it slips a bit and dos'nt lock, gears are same as marder...16 lay 48 diff 46 spur and 18 pinion, i have also got the K&N filter plus TGN ...hope this helps....

Im sure ive got it all down in my thread mate, have a look through as it all started life as a plastic MT..:)

well mate it flies for not alot of mods :cool2:

well mate it flies for not alot of mods :cool2:

I know mate, was thinking of getting an Oddie or an Evo tuned motor but will have to wait, as xmas is comming fast and just laid out on a new kitchen so will stick with this motor for now as it is fast enough...:)

99 is definately the good stuff. I get 91 as the best at petro canada and 94 at chevron is the highest I have seen. some of the baja guys said they had some special race blend from the 1:1 racing guys and it was over 100 and screamed

high octane fuel is only good if you are running high compression say 13:1 or more !!
and if you are not,you are waisting your money on expensive fuel and also higher octane will heat cylinder up more and add quicker wear internally to engine.
and lower octane takes less to ignite as well.
just what iv heard from benckie guys
cheers
glen

high octane fuel is only good if you are running high compression say 13:1 or more !!
and if you are not,you are waisting your money on expensive fuel and also higher octane will heat cylinder up more and add quicker wear internally to engine.
and lower octane takes less to ignite as well.
just what iv heard from benckie guys
cheers
glen

I;ve read that too mate but my engine seems to love it so will continue and if she blows then she blows and maybe it will promt me to get that tuned motor ive wanted for so long...
:)

99 is definately the good stuff. I get 91 as the best at petro canada and 94 at chevron is the highest I have seen. some of the baja guys said they had some special race blend from the 1:1 racing guys and it was over 100 and screamed

Hey Pipeous, so do you think the higher octane makes any differance and does it wear your engine faster?

+1 Super,I've used 99 RON for years and never had a problem (6 years on and my first re-build was a few months ago) Mine seems to fly with it in compared to a gallon of cheap(ASDA) fuel i once used.
J.

Octane here in the states is different then RON in other countries. Both are a measure of the fuels resistance. If someone from the states says your crazy for using a high number its because they are looking at the number and not what it really is in your country. Your 91-94+ is or 87-91+. 99 and 100 is over kill in any country and may run the motor hotter and not give any other performance other then what is gained from running a hotter motor.
In short RON and Octane are the fuels resistance to compression before it explodes. The higher the compression the higher the octane needs to be to not get preignition (knock). If you use a higher octane than what the motors compression is you will get the opposite effect. The fuel will not completely burn up, you will loose some unnoticed power from a lack of a full explosion and some minor amount of fuel gas will continue to burn out the exhaust. This causes the extra heat.
I say run whats available and just have FUN!!!!!:2guns: I would say stay away from ethanol or other "Earth Friendly" fuels. They are NOT engine or seal friendly and do not store well for long lengths of time without stabilizers to keep the water molecules from separating and falling to the bottom..:nono:
I wont even go into the "Earth Friendly" part. :lol:
Short version but just M2C...:)

Last edited:
Octane here in the states is different then RON in other countries. Both are a measure of the fuels resistance. If someone from the states says your crazy for using a high number its because they are looking at the number and not what it really is in your country. Your 91-94+ is or 87-91+. 99 and 100 is over kill in any country and may run the motor hotter and not give any other performance other then what is gained from running a hotter motor.
In short RON and Octane are the fuels resistance to compression before it explodes. The higher the compression the higher the octane needs to be to not get preignition (knock). If you use a higher octane than what the motors compression is you will get the opposite effect. The fuel will not completely burn up, you will loose some unnoticed power from a lack of a full explosion and some minor amount of fuel gas will continue to burn out the exhaust. This causes the extra heat.
I say run whats available and just have FUN!!!!!:2guns: I would say stay away from ethanol or other "Earth Friendly" fuels. They are NOT engine or seal friendly and do not store well for long lengths of time without stabilizers to keep the water molecules from separating and falling to the bottom..:nono:
I wont even go into the "Earth Friendly" part. :lol:
Short version but just M2C...:)

Good info BTB....

Holy hell that thing is fast!!!

Thanks mate....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks