T Bone racing 5T full skid plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not a bad idea but hear me out first. The single piece front and rear skid plates we have are aluminum which means the screws that hold the front and rear suspension components above are more secured and less likely to come loose or pull out of the plastic diff housings. Now say you go with the plastic whole chassis plate now your unable to fully seat the chassis screws due to the screw wanting to push through the plastic and your not fully tightening the screws which can lead to the holes egging from the screws not being as secure. Just a thought

Its covers the whole bottom of the chassis. No added aluminum plates and no inserts to prevent the screws from pulling through the plastic so your not getting the proper "hold" from the screws.. just my opinion

Yes these are good points about the seating of the screws

I can't help my compulsion to protect the metal main plate its just an OCD I can't break and I already bought spare bumpers a "beater " set for mild bashing and new ones ready to go once they get used up

If I do go with the t bone full skid I may uni bit out all but a few of the holes so the screws are in original seat and the plate held on by less screws and some thin two way tape

Now I want some control arm protectors like I run on my rustler

Have you considered adding new holes in the chassis and bolting a piece of plastic over the stock setup? Like plating over everything while leaving the stock hardware alone. It would have the added benefit of protecting the stock screws heads as well as the chassis.

Something like 1/8 kydex would be inexpensive, easy to work/form with just a heat gun and easily replaceable when it inevitably gets worn out.

Have you considered adding new holes in the chassis and bolting a piece of plastic over the stock setup? Like plating over everything while leaving the stock hardware alone. It would have the added benefit of protecting the stock screws heads as well as the chassis.

Something like 1/8 kydex would be inexpensive, easy to work/form with just a heat gun and easily replaceable when it inevitably gets worn out.
I use kydex a lot its strong and very easy to heat form, and cheap to boot. Like your idea about bolting it.up.separate to the chassis.

Winter skid plate good for snow works amazing .

Attachments

• IMG_20210124_160506_143.jpg
    IMG_20210124_160506_143.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210113_172250_038.jpg
    IMG_20210113_172250_038.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210116_141054_530.jpg
    IMG_20210116_141054_530.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 2
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks